Virendra Challenges Lavanya: Chapter 26

"Mahesh, these swords are light weighted and easy to use but the blades aren't sharp," Virendra uttered while examining the blade of the sword. His thick brows got knitted together while observing the sharpness of the blades of the new swords. "I want the blades of the swords should be as sharp as the blade of my sword." He slowly ran his index finger on the blade of the sword which he was holding. The rough epidermis of his finger grazed against the not so blunt blade of the sword. "See, it doesn't form any cut on my finger." He showed his index finger to Mahesh. "Only a few layers of dead skin got damaged. But I want the blade of the sword should be sharp enough to form deep cut once it touches the skin of the enemies."

"I understand, Virendra," Mahesh replied. "These swords were brought to the palace in the afternoon. I will talk to that swordsmith who made the swords as soon as possible."

"Just tell the swordsmith to sharpen the blades. He doesn't need to change the entire design of the sword." Virendra said while examining the weight and the design of the sword. "And yes, the swords are good. I want our special soldiers should practice using these new words. So send half of the swords to swordsmith first and then we can send the other half."

"As you wish." Mahesh nodded before covering the boxes which contained the swords.

"It's already late. I think we should return to our chambers." Virendra said while twisting the uttariya around his lower arm.

As Virendra and Mahesh were returning to their chambers, their eyes fell on the maids who were smiling while their faces were glowing with happiness. Virendra narrowed his eyes a bit, trying to figure out what was going on.

"The maids seem to be very happy today, aren't they?" Virendra asked while glancing at Mahesh.

"Mn." Mahesh nodded while looking at the maids who were laughing happily. "Wait here. I will ask what's going on."

Mahesh walked towards the maids who were putting the oil in the diyas (oil lamps). Seeing Mahesh, they bowed to him gently.

"Did something happen recently? Why you all look so happy?" Mahesh asked in a gentle voice.

"Brother Mahesh, today is the happiest day for all of us. The Queen punished Meenamma and our new princess and princess Saanvi selected a new member who took her place." A maid replied while giggling.

"We are really lucky that princess Lavanya is here, otherwise we should have been living an awful life." Another maid replied with a smile while gently pouring oil in the diyas.

"Did princess Lavanya help all of you to remove Meenamma from her position?" Mahesh inquired of the maids.

"Yes." The maids replied in unison.

"She confidently proved that Meenamma is cruel and suggested that we should live a better life." The maid smiled. "Then the Queen punished Meenamma and the princesses chose Kavita as our new head of the maids. Princess Lavanya is so good to us." She looked at the other maid who was standing there with a bowl of oil.

"Prince Virendra is really lucky to have her as his wife." Another maid chuckled while helping a maid to adjust the diyas.

"That's good news then." Mahesh smiled. "I am taking my leave then."

The maids bowed to Mahesh before he walked towards Prince Virendra. He looked at Mahesh with questioning eyes to which Mahesh smiled a bit.

"It looks like your wife again did something amazing." Mahesh chuckled while looking at the floor. "She got rid of the cruel Meenamma and chose another maid to take her position."

"What!?" Virendra's jaws slacked while a frown appeared on his forehead after listening to this new piece of information. "How did she do it? Isn't Meenamma selected by the Queen?"