Marriage(1): Chapter 9

*coughs*

After receiving a long lecture of 1 hr from my mother, I decided to write this chapter. She told me a lot...a loootttt of things regarding marriage and I am writing from what I remember. I am sorry if there are mistakes.

But one thing, after listening to the long lecture, I decided one thing-

I WILL NEVER GET MARRIED IN LIFE!

There are sooooooo many rituals!

Btw, my mother told me that in Andhra Pradesh, after marriage the bride will come inside the groom's house but they cannot have the first night until they go to their kuldevta (family deity) and do some rituals.

So, this chapter is marriage one, next one will be going to temple and after that, it will be the wedding night (hopefully if my mind won't think of another plot)
______________________

So, this chapter is marriage one, next one will be going to temple and after that, it will be the wedding night (hopefully if my mind won't think of another plot)______________________

"Akshara, can you help me to put these necklaces around my neck?" Lavanya said, putting on the nosepin before adjusting her mang tika.

"Coming sister," Akshara shouted from her room as she was getting ready for her sister's marriage ceremony.

"It's all your fault! Who asked you to select such heavy jewelry for me!? Cannot you select something light jewelry for me!?" Lavanya rolled her eyes while wearing golden bangles as her sister arrived in her room.

"Sister, you are going to marry Prince Virendra. Don't you think you should look like a perfect match for him?" Akshara chuckled as she helped her sister to wear the necklaces. "Moreover, you look beautiful in this jewelry and orange saree."

"It's not that the spoiled prince will fall in love with me after seeing this jewelry." Lavanya huffed, putting on her golden earrings.

"Sister, your hands are still yellow." Akshara laughed while putting the armlets around her sister's upper arms.

"You put a huge amount of haldi on my hands." Lavanya glanced at her sister who was busy adjusting the waistband of her sister.

"Come on sister. Yesterday it was the haldi ceremony and the haldi which I applied arrived from the prince." Akshara looked at her sister. "It is said that the more you apply haldi of your husband, the more will the love increase between the bride and the groom."

"That's why you are still poor in archery." Lavanya let out a deep breath before wearing her heavy anklets. "You are so much into these things that you cannot concentrate on archery."

"Sister..." Akshara looked at her sister with astonishment in her eyes. "I am trying to help you and you are saying this to me!? To your own little sister!?" She said dramatically, putting her hand on her forehead.

"Help me to put these jasmine flowers around my bun." Lavanya handed the jasmine flowers to her sister.

"Jasmine is your favorite flower, isn't it?" Akshara arched her brow while putting the flowers on her sister's bun which was already ornated with jewelry.