Virendra Gets Shot: Chapter 29

Amidst the peaceful environment, Virendra's voice was echoing constantly. He was randomly swimming in all directions, searching for his wife. After a while, suddenly he heard a faint giggling sound of a woman. Narrowing his brows, he tried to focus on the direction of the source of the sound. Following the source of the sound, he reached a certain part of the lake of the waterfall. His eyes widened witnessing the scene.

Lavanya was giggling cheerfully, playing with the small fish in the water. She was swimming in the water while the water was at her chest level. Strands of wet hair rebelliously came out of her bun, sticking on her shoulder. Her lively laughter was reverberating in the entire area. Feeling enraged at Lavanya's carelessness, Virendra rushed to her. Yanking her hand forcefully, he made her face him.

"Are you out of your mind, Lavanya? You fell from such a great height and now you are playing as nothing happened. Do you even know how worried I was?" The prince said in one go, without taking a pause. He narrowed his eyes when he saw Lavanya was looking at him like a child complaining to his mother about something. "Now what's with that facial expressions?"

"Why did you yank my hand? Because of you, the fish went away." She pouted, looking disappointed.

"Huh?!" Virendra was dumbfounded at Lavanya's accusation. Wait! I was just worried about her and she is worried about her fish!

"Why are you looking at me like that? Because of you, my fish left me," the princess gently pushed Virendra so that she could move away from him.

Hearing Lavanya's words, Virendra's childhood memories flashed in his mind. He remembered how little Lavanya was disappointed when his younger self laughed at her while she was struggling to catch fish. The words which escaped from her lips just a while ago were the exact words she had said back then. Unknowingly his lips curved upwards, forming a faint smile.

This entire time, Lavanya was looking at him weirdly, witnessing her husband acting out of character.

"Prince?" Lavanya called softly, waiting for his response. Upon receiving no response, she clicked her fingers, pulling the prince out of his daze. "Prince, why are suddenly smiling like that? Did you hit on anything while falling into the plunge pool?" She asked, arching her brows.

"I suddenly recalled something funny." Virendra chuckled before looking at his wife. "Do you want me to catch more fish for you?"

"No, Thank You," Lavanya forced a smile, gliding effortlessly in the water. "My hands are big enough to catch fish."

"Really?" Virendra quirked his brows. "For your kind information, your hands aren't as big as mine." Smirking proudly, he lifted his hand out of the water to show his big palm.

"Mine isn't small as well," Lavanya swam towards Virendra and stopped in front of him. Showing her palm, she wiggled her brows, signaling him to look at hers.

"See it yourself," Virendra chuckled seeing the princess's tactics. He extended his hand so that she could touch his.

"Alright," Lavanya said, determined to prove that she was mightier than he was.

She extended her palm, touching his rough and calloused one. As she completely touched his palm, Virendra saw that her palm seemed to disappear into his, while the princess's eyebrows furrowed, realizing that her palm so small in comparison to his that her fingertips touched the first phalangeal joints of his hand.

"See, your hand is smaller than mine," Virendra laughed, without withdrawing his hand.

"Fine!" Lavanya huffed.

Before she would withdraw her hand, Virendra wrapped his long slender fingers around her hand, making it impossible for her to withdraw her hand.

"What are you doing?!" Lavanya looked at him, bewildered, trying to pull her hand out of his grip.