Impressed(1) : Chapter 3

It was still dark outside. The hoarse crow of the rooster welcoming the dawn made Lavanya stir in her sleep. Groaning, she closed her eyes tightly before her long-lashes flickered and her eyelids slowly opened. A faint smile appeared on her lips as she could see that the sun rays already made their way on the earth while the sky was invaded by the shades of orange in the lower part and a vast part was covered by a darker shade of blue, welcoming the dawn.

She turned her head to the left side to see her sister sleeping peacefully. Smiling a bit, she slowly withdrew herself from the bed without making any noise so that her sister could sleep peacefully. She quickly took a bath and took care of her daily necessities before returning to her room.

She took out a red-colored Lehenga with a red-colored blouse and white-colored dupatta which had a golden design on its border. Changing quickly into fresh clothes, she tied her hair into a bun and beautified it with jasmine flowers. Being a simple girl, she quickly wore a simple necklace around her neck with a pair of simple earrings and a pair of gold bangles. Her look got completed with placing a small bindi between her brows.

 Her look got completed with placing a small bindi between her brows

Perfect! Lavanya smiled as she saw herself in the mirror. Then she averted her gaze to her sister who was sleeping soundly. This girl will never grow up. She chuckled before sitting on the bed.

"Akshara, wake up." Lavanya gently caressed her sister's head. "We have to go to the temple today."

"5 more minutes please." Akshara moved close to her sister, placing her head on her sister's lap. She slowly opened her eyes when she felt the fine fabric against her cheek. "You are ready already!?" She looked up at her sister.

"Yes, my little one." Lavanya gently pinched Akshara's nose making the latter scrunch her nose. "Now get up and get ready. I still have a lot of work to do."

"Hmm mnn." Akshara hummed as she lazily moved her head from her sister's lap and sat on the bed.

"Get ready okay." Lavanya stood up. "I want to see you ready within 30 minutes."

Akshara nodded her head and Lavanya smiled at her sister before leaving the room. She went to the backside of her house which had a huge empty space. A bright smile appeared on her face when she saw her father was practicing swordsmanship.

"Good morning father." Lavanya smiled before walking towards her father. She bent down and touched her father's feet, seeking blessings.

"Ayushmati Bhava." Bhargav smiled as his big palm landed on Lavanya's small head. "Where is Akshara?"

"She just woke up," Lavanya said while walking towards the table where few swords were kept. "Aren't you going to the royal court today?"

"I will." Bhargav put the sword in its place before walking towards his daughter. "You are spoiling your sister too much."

"Let it be father." Lavanya chuckled. "She is still a little girl," Lavanya said while checking the swords kept on the table.

"Lavanya, I may return home late today," Bhargav said wiping his sweat with a white cloth.