Lardass

The woods always creeped Lia out, but she knew what she was getting into when she agreed to the trip.  What she didn't agree to was almost getting hit by a train and spraining her ankle.  Chris confirmed it must have been sprained, of course, he's no doctor though.  Lia definitely felt like it was sprained though, and took Chris's word for it.  She figured if she just rests it for the rest of the night, the next morning it won't be as painful to limp on it.

  Her parents were gonna have a hissy fit about her ankle when she arrived home and wasn't prepared for that, although that's the last thing on her mind.  The sun was setting, and it was dark and buggy out.  Lia hated camping with a passion, for many good reasons.  She hated bugs and being in the woods, you get bit by bugs all the time, plus she had no bug spray with her.  The woods in general scared her, being a twelve-year-old girl, her mind wandered to murderers and kidnappers in the woods.

The group was sitting in a circle, around a campfire that the boys set up.  No one allowed Lia to help because she was injured, which she was thankful for, but felt bad that they did all the work.  After everyone agreed they were starving, Gordie the hotdogs and soda out of his bag.  Lia excitedly grabbed a soda bottle out of Gordie's hands, not having anything to drink the entire day.  She was about to grab a stick to light her own food, but Chris took it from her hands.  

"I'll do it for you." He offered, having another stick in his hand to heat his own.  Lia enjoyed the treatment she was getting since they all teased her earlier that day, so she allowed him to help.  Even Gordie helped Lia open her soda bottle when she couldn't. She was sitting in between Chris and Gordie so they both thought they can be helpful, which they were.

"Man, that was the all-time train dodge.  Too cool." Teddy smiled at the thought, thinking what happened before was fascinating.  

"Cool?  You say that like it was a fun experience." Lia said to Teddy in disbelief.  Gordie handed her back her now opened soda bottle, she took it and thanked him with a smile.  It didn't shock Lia too much that Teddy found the event from earlier cool, of course, he'd find something shocking funny.  

"Vern, you were so scared you looked like that fat guy in Abbott and Costello, when he saw the mummy." Teddy teased.  He had a point, he was even more scared than Lia and Gordie, and they were ones running for their lives.  

"I wasn't that scared." Vern denied it, shaking his head.  Everyone groaned at Vern, knowing he was lying through his teeth.  "No, really, I wasn't. Sincerely." Vern defended again, trying to look brave in front of Lia.  

"Sure you weren't, Vern." Lia giggled, beginning to sip her soda.  She found it adorable that he was trying to be all high and mighty in front of her, but it was failing miserably.  

"Okay, then you won't mind if we check the seat of your Jockey's for Hershey squirts, will you?" Gordie asked with a smirk, Lia high-fiving his hilarious joke.