Chapter 11 - Attack of the Demons

The villagers show Jason and Malcolm around their village. The two boys get to see their culture as the denizens of the Gale Garden realm make pottery out of clay and rope. There are farmers who tend to their farm and large livestock that looks like crossbreed between cows and bulls. The two boys also watch the children play as they walk by. Lakerine Village is overall a peaceful place, despite of the people here in fear of demons.

After the tour around the village, the villagers bring Jason and Malcolm to Elder Napu's house, which is adorned with shells, colorful beads, and the roof bound together by straws. The villagers escort the two boys inside.

Inside, Jason and Malcolm gaze upon the decorations consisting of pottery, beaded straw dolls, and rugs made from different colors of fiber. What caught their eyes are the strange red and yellow flowers with white polka dots on the petals planted in the pottery.

'I never seen flowers like those before,' Jason thought. 'Seems like they are native here in this dimension.'

Soon, they both heard the voice of the village elder Napu, "I take it you like my Firon Flowers?"

Jason and Malcolm turn their attention on Elder Napu, who is sitting on a mat, grinning at the two boys.

"Miss Napu," said Jason.

"Those flowers carry magical properties in this world," Elder Napu explains, "But, you two aren't here for that."

"Hmm?" Malcolm said, looking at Elder Napu, curious on what she will say next.

"The guardian deity, Phados has sent you two here to solve our demon problem," Elder Napu deduced.

"How do you know about Phados?" Jason sounded very surprised.

"In case you haven't noticed, child," she begins her explanation, "Realmia is the central hub that connects all worlds to it, including this one. And as one of those who are spiritually attuned to the cosmos, shamans like myself can speak with Phados."

"R-Really!?" Jason said as his eyes widening.

"Yes," said Elder Napu. "He told me all about your recent victory over one of Khan's generals in the Sandia realm, and that you will aid our people in getting rid of the demons."

"Our reputation is slowly reaching throughout the realms, it seems..." said Malcolm.

"Keep fighting the good fight and you will give hope to the people of Realmia and the sub-dimensions," said Elder Napu with optimism.

Malcolm then thought of the defeated demons that saw when arriving in the Gale Garden realm, "When we first entered this dimension, we found the demons already defeated by someone or something..."

"What do you mean, young one?" Napu asked.

"Malcolm and I found pink gooey substance on the corpses of the demons," Jason answered for Malcolm. "Do you have any idea about that?"

"Hmm...I am afraid that I don't know anything about that, unfortunately," Elder Napu sadly replies. "Normally, I would receive visions of visitors from other worlds coming to Gale Garden, but my spiritual powers have not been working right as of late."

"I believe it has something to do with this 'Khoron Khan' and his cronies," Jason suggested. "I never met the guy, but it is possible that he or one of his generals are using some kind of power to throw your visions out of whack. That is what I think, anyways."

"I believe that is the truth," said Elder Napu. "But, I must ask you to please keep this a secret from the villagers. If they knew about this, it would cause a panic."