Chapter 3 - The Mysterious Strangers

As Jason and his friends eat their lunch in the shade of the tree, a breeze of wind blows by. The wind suddenly become too strong. So strong, that it begin to blow away their food and napkins. Jason and his friends started to panic as they try to prevent their stuff from being blown away.

"What the hell!?" Karen complains, grabbing her snacks and basket. "What's the deal with the wind all of the sudden!?"

"Yahh!" shrieked Melissa as one of the baskets hit her face

While the group tries to keep everything from being carried off by the wind, Malcolm notices something wrong with the sky. The sun is no longer visible as dark clouds cover the sky. The wind has become worse as well. "Looks like a storm is brewing," said Malcolm, staring at the dark sky. Suddenly, there are flashes of lightning. The origin of the flashes did not come from the sky. The flashes are coming from a liquid spherical alloy that somehow materializes in front of them.

"W-What is that!?" said Rebecca, pointing at the strange alloy while hiding behind Jason.

"This is some weird stuff!" panicked Melissa. Upon closer inspection of the spherical alloy, they see a corridor of a dark palace with red banners that has clawed hands crossing one another.

"Is this some kind of portal to another world?" questioned Harvey as he approaches it to get a better look.

"Harvey, don't go so close to it!" Jason warned his friend. Just as Jason warned Harvey, something begins to come from the portal-like sphere. Six black humanoid creatures wearing purple hoods and red scarves to mask their visages appear in front of the frightened kids.

"Aaaaaaah!!" Rebecca screamed as she grab onto Jason's hand as tightly as she could.

"Is this me or the line between comic books and reality has blurred!?" said Jason, shocked.

More of the robed creatures come from the portal. Jason tells his friends to make a run for it. Before they can escape, the dark robed creatures block their way with great speed. They begin to grab the children by force.

"Let go of me, you creep!" Karen shouted at the dark creature as she struggles to break free.

Seeing their friends being carrying away by force, Malcolm acts quickly by punching the one who grabbed his girlfriend. However, it is like Malcolm's punch did not faze it one bit. It soon retaliates by shooting a dark energy beam at Malcolm's left shoulder.

"Guurrggh!!" he grunts as he is pushed back with full force.

"Malcolm, are you alright!?" worried Jason. Malcolm slowly stands up as he has his hand covering his wound caused by the blast.

"Malcolm!" Karen cried out to him.

"Jason, help us!" Melissa screams.

"Don't let the monsters take us!" the little Rebecca sobbed fearfully.