Chapter 6 - The Plan To Strike, Part I

The next morning inside the Goodwill Saloon, Karen is helping Rebecca cook breakfast for the customers. The scent of fried egg, sausage, and bacon fills the air as the food is being cooked on the stove in the kitchen. The customers' mouths water as they cannot wait to eat their cooking. Not only is Karen is well-known for her leadership skills, but her cooking skills are second-to-none.

"I know every one of you is waiting for breakfast, but it will be done soon!" Karen happily reassures them. Then, she thinks about Jason and Malcolm. "I wonder if they are already awake. I wouldn't want the two boys to miss breakfast." Before she heads to where the two boys are resting, Karen asks Rebecca to cover for her.

"I'll do the best I can, Karen!" said Rebecca with delight.

---------------------------------------

Jason and Malcolm are still asleep in a cramped room below the saloon. Malcolm sleeps with his shades next to his person. He is quite self-conscious about his eyes. Soon, the two boys are awaken by not the Sandian Karen, but Phados himself via telepathy. "Jason, Malcolm, I have urgent news to tell you."

"What is it, Phados...?" Jason asked, feeling a bit groggy. Malcolm puts his shades and sits up to face Jason.

"It is about the android called RG-86," Phados said.

"You mean the android leader who leading the machines against the people?" asked Jason. "Karen's Sandian counterpart told us all we need to know about him."

Phados then revealed the truth behind the Sandians' tormentor, "He is one of the elite generals of Khoron Khan, acting under his command to subjugate those who are a potential threat to him."

"Hmm...I see..." said Malcolm. "Sounds like this android will put up a quite a fight. And here we are just starting to learn how to use our powers, too. Can we defeat him?"

The omnipresent Phados pauses before speaking again, "That depends on you and how you use your power."

"Well, that's a helpful advice..." Malcolm says, being both sarcastic and worried at the same time.

"Do not fret, my children," the guardian deity reassures them. "Believe in yourself and you shall overcome all obstacles that stand in your way."

Phados cease speaking to the two boys as footsteps is heard walking above them. The footsteps stop as a creaking sound is heard above them. Light soon enter the room above. Jason shields his eyes from the light after being in a dark room for so long. Thanks to the shades of his, Malcolm is able to take a gander at the person who opened the hatch. It is Karen, who has come to see if they are awake.

"So, you guys are already up, huh?" said Karen, looking at them with an optimistic smile. "Hurry and freshen up. We have big plans today. But before that, I want you two to have a taste of our cooking! You'll like it!" She then winks at them before leaving.

Malcolm does not know if he should be blushing, since this Karen has the same upbeat personality as the Earth counterpart. Jason on the other hand is ecstatic to try out the food from a different dimension.

------------------------------

Five minutes after they freshen up by washing their face in the restroom, Jason and Malcolm sits at the counter where little Rebecca serves them some breakfast. The sausage, eggs, and toasts look very delicious, according to Jason as he really like breakfast. Malcolm on the other hand, asks for an omelet with cheese and peppers. The omelet looks equally as tasteful as what Jason is eating. Karen is also behind the counter, filling the two cups with squeezed lemonade. She serves the two boys their drinks. She sweetened Malcolm's cup, but forgets to do the same for Jason.