Chapter 14 - Forest of Illusion, Part II

Hyperlad and Stridius makes it deep into the heart of Motari Forest. They fought many kinds of creatures that came their way as they advanced, but even the creatures were no match for the Wayfarers.

As the Wayfarers continues to trek in the forest, something grabs Hyperlad's feet, "Whoa! What the hell!"

"What? What is it?" Stridius asks, turning to face his friend. He then gasps as he sees a large thick vine that sprouted from the ground and has his friend by the feet.

Hyperlad tries to blast the vine with his energy beam, but it is no use as it appears that the vine absorb his energy. "What!? It absorb it!?"

"Don't worry, Hyperlad!" said Stridius, morphing his arm into a blade. "I'll set you free!" When he slash at the vine, it didn't seem to make a scratch, making Stridius worry.

"Let me go, you stupid vine!" Hyperlad says, while struggling to break free.

Suddenly, another vine comes up from the ground and grabs hold of Stridius's feet. "Dammit!" he curses. He tries to free himself, but it is no use. The vines soon pulls the both of them down under as the ground beneath them breaks.

--------------------------------------

After an unspecified time has passed, Hyperlad opens his eyes and find himself trapped within the many vines. He also sees his friend trapped within the vines as well.

"Stridius!" he calls out to his friend.

"Guh...errr..." Stridius grunts as he wakes up. "Where...are we?"

Before Hyperlad could answer that, they both hear a female voice coming from the darkness ahead of them, "You're in my domain now. Hahahaha!" Soon, the place illuminate revealing a lot of vegetation in the area. Ahead of them, they can see a beautiful semi-nude woman with long grey hair, covering her breasts. Her torso is attached to a pink flower and other plants. Her arms are made from wood with sharp claws. Besides her are large carnivorous plants that has sharp fangs that rip flesh and bones with ease. The Wayfarers have come face-to-face with the woman that the demons spoke of.

"I take it that you're one of Khan's generals?" Stridius begins interrogating her.

"Indeed, I am," the plant woman replies. "I'm Alraune, and by my master's orders, you will die here."

"We'll see about that!" Hyperlad said, struggling to break free from her vines.

When the two boys tries to free themselves, Alraune laughs as it is no use. Soon, their energy are being siphoned from their bodies by Alraune's vines.

"Hahahahaha!" Alraune laughs. "Oh....yes, your energy feel so great!"

"Ugh... Hyperlad grunts in pain.

Stridius breathes heavily as he glares at Alraune. Seeing them suffer has given the wicked Alraune an idea, "Hmmm, instead of killing you right away, I'm going to play with you!" She releases them from their bindings. After they fall on the ground, the plants beside her open their mouths and begin to exhale red mist at the two Wayfarers.

The red mist begin to blind the two Wayfarers. They call out to each other, but to no avail. Alraune laughs devilishly as she watches them panic.

----------------------------------------

Jason is no longer in his transformed state as he finds himself in a classroom with other students. He thought that the whole thing with Khoron Khan's monks coming to kidnap their friends was all just a dream. But, there was something off about this place and Jason could in a way sense it. 'Something does not feel right...' he said to himself. 'Maybe, I should... Nah, you're overthinking things, Jason...' He then spots Melissa, who is standing in the classroom's corner.