Chapter 13 - Forest of Illusion, Part I

Jason and Malcolm has just arrived in the Motari Forest before sundown

Jason and Malcolm has just arrived in the Motari Forest before sundown. They could have used their super speed to get here at a short time, but they wanted to conserve energy just in case they run into any trouble. The Motari Forest is home to many strange looking animals, foliage, and many kinds of fungi and plants.

"Take a look at that animal," said Jason, pointing at the deer-like rabbit.

"We didn't come all this way to sightsee, Jason," said Malcolm, trying to stay focus.

"Yeah, yeah, I know!" replied Jason. "But, it not every day we get to see a rare animal, you know?"

"Gimme a break..." Malcolm sighs.

Taking heed of the Elder's warning, the boys change into their alter egos and brave into the forest.

---------------------------------------

As the Wayfarers venture into the forest, they both pass by a giant red mushroom. The farther they travel into the forest, the more the leaves from the trees cover the sky. As they continue to walk, they pass another similar red mushroom, which made Stridius suspect something was amiss.

"Yo, Hyperlad," said Stridius, pointing at the red mushroom. "Didn't we already passed by that mushroom?"

"What's the problem?" asked Hyperlad. "I bet there are many mushrooms like this."

"It feels like we been walking for hours now," he said with concern.

"Let's keep moving," said Hyperlad. "We are bound to reach the heart of the forest sooner or later."

As the two Wayfarers press on through the Motari Forest, they have some run-in with some of the creatures. Unlike the docile animals from the entrance, these creatures are a mix between a shark and a gorilla and are very aggressive.

"Stay sharp!" said Stridius.

"Right on!" said Hyperlad.

Hyperlad and Stridius both engage with the monsters in battle. The monsters may look tough, but the boys can handle them just fine with swift reflexes and attacks. Taking the monsters down one by one, the Wayfarers didn't break a sweat.

"That takes care of them," said Stridius. "Let's go."

---------------------------------

It is getting late when Hyperlad and Stridius are walking around, trying to find their way deep into the Motari Forest. That is when both spot a similar red mushroom in their path.

Stridius wants to get a better look at the fungus. That is then he notices something which confirms his suspicious, "I knew it!"

"What is it?" asked Hyperlad.

"Take a look at the ground," Stridius instructed as he points to the fungus and the ground. There are many footsteps surrounding the red mushroom, which made Hyperlad question the situation.