Chapter 15 - The Next Move

It is only a few hours since the Wayfarers returned to the Realm of Crystals. The duo are speaking with Phados, discussing their next move. But before they could move on with the conversation, Malcolm asks Phados a question.

"What is it, Malcolm?" said Phados.

Malcolm begins to express his concerns, "Well, um...do you know what happened back in the Motari Forest? At first, we were face-to-face with Alraune, the second of Khan's generals. And the next thing, we ended up back in the village in Gale Garden. Do you know why that is?"

Phados nods in silence. The frown he displayed on his face suggests that he knows all too well what went down, "It would appeared that you two had a run-in with my former warrior who calls herself, Bubblegum Rosie."

"Bubblegum Rosie?" Jason said as he did a double take. "What kinda name is that?" Then, he remembers the pink gooey substance that was on the demons' corpses. "Wait a minute! That was bubblegum!? Eww! Gross!"

"Is she on our side?" asked Malcolm.

Phados then sighs, "Let's just say that she fighting against evil for personal gain..."

"Personal gain?" asked Jason. "As in a hero for hire?"

"Correct..." the deity nods. "However, it wasn't always like this. She did fought for the right cause, but her obsession with fame and money quickly got in the way of her mission. Soon after, Rosie strike out on her own against my wishes."

"This Rosie sounds like trouble," said Malcolm. "Why didn't you take away her powers if she was going to abuse them?"

"I did not bestow her with any abilities," Phados answers. "She developed her own powers as she was growing up. But, I was hoping that she will use them for the greater good. Well, at least, she is not using them to harm innocent people."

"So, we can trust her?" Jason asked.

"Yes, to an extent," said Phados, telling them to be careful. "The question is how she was able to evade us for so long?"

"Maybe this Rosie used some kind of mental shielding?" Jason tries to make sense of all this.

"That is possible," Phados nods in agreement. "Anyways, let's move on from this and let's speak on more pressing matters. While you two were in Gale Garden, I discovered another one of Khoron Khan's general hiding in the Seas of Eden realm."

"Seas of Eden?" questioned Jason.

"Correct," said Phados. "That is the next location where you and your friend will be headed." He explains further as one of the large crystals displays the realm into view. "As you can see, this is a verdant realm filled with islands and seas. It was once a tourists' attraction even for travelers from other realms."

"So, there are realms that are aware of each other?" Jason questions with awe.

"Some are aware, but most of them aren't," Phados answered his question. "Anyways, the third of Khan's general is residing in the Seas of Eden as he oppresses the innocent denizens of the realm. The Eden army tried to fight back... However as you can obviously guess...they were crushed in a blink of an eye. It is also unfortunate that the other realms could not help in time... Now that one of Khan's generals have occupied the Seas of Eden, many people within the realm have lost all hope."

"I see..." said Jason, feeling sorry for the people of the Seas of Eden. "We'll just have to go there and give the people hope!"

"Then, what are we waiting for?" said Malcolm, wanting to get this thing over with. "Let's good and kick some ass."

"Now, you're talking, Malcolm!" Jason gleefully said.

The boys step before the warp device, which Jason now dubbed the "Trans-Warper". It creates a warp portal to the Seas of Eden realm.