Chapter 5

King Abiodun of Otun, Ademola's father was shocked to hear his son talk about a bride befitting for the land of Otun

For a long time since Ademola was old enough to get married, he had refused to hearken to the idea of a bride and has always rejected any woman that was brought before him.

He would find different reasons and flaws in every lady presented before him and chase them away.

The rumor of the prince being an ugly beast who was cursed as a child was started by the prince himself. He had told his guards and servants to spread the news around so that women of prestigious homes wouldn't want to be his bride.

For those women who had seen him before, they were the ones who praised his fine face and physiques but their words were overshadowed by the words given to the villagers by the servants and guards of the palace and ever since then, people wondered the true identity of the prince since he was barely seen by his people.

Prince Ademola and his father, King Abiodun might not be the closest but the king knew his son took after him when it came to pacifying him. Once Prince Ademola refused something, it was hard to change his mind and the chances of changing his mind was very slim.

The chiefs in the courtroom with his father were all taken aback too as they stared at the crown Prince in shock. Their eyes move back and forth one another

"Repeat yourself my son." His father requested.

"Father, I have found a bride suitable for the people of Otun." He repeated.

His father sighed deeply before resting his back, back on his chair.

Iyalode, the woman whose daughter got rejected by the prince was quite in a big shock. She was still comprehending the words of the prince. Not too long he had rejected her daughter and now he found someone already? She thought to herself.

She wondered who this lady could be and what the face of the lady would look like because her daughter was quite outstanding and knew the ethics of royalty too.

"And who is the bride of yours, you think is suitable for the people of Otun?" His father asked.

"I would very much love to reveal her  identity but give me some time, father." He requested.

His father, King Abiodun had given up on the thought of his son getting married soon and this brought a great joy in his heart. Everytime Ademola rejected a bride and he tried to force it on Ademola, it would end up with Ademola leaving the palace for days and so he gave up on the search and let the gods of their land take charge of his case.

"Farewell then. I shall expect to see her soon." He said.

"Thank you father." Ademola said before bowing his head and leaving the courtroom.

Immediately he left, the chiefs all heaved a deep sigh as if the tension in the room was thick enough for them to breathe well.

They all had given up on the search for the crown Prince bride as he rejected every maiden brought before him. Some of the officials thought to the extent they thought he wasn't attracted to the female species.