Chapter 9

Ewa tossed and turned on her bed unable to sleep as memories of her moments with the prince whose identity was unknown to her filled her head

Goosebumps rose on her skin as she shivered remembering the way he kissed her and how his hands held her face softly as if she was something that would break if handled roughly.

The way his eyes twinkled after he stopped kissing her set her heart ablaze and she craved his touch as she remembered it.

"Ademola." She called his name in a whisper as she remembered him telling her that was his name. She had let a stranger kiss her when he wasn't her husband and as much as she wanted to regret it, she couldn't as she craved more of it. It mortified her yet she was satisfied.

She placed her hands on her lips remembering the way his lips molded perfectly against hers. "This is bad Ewawunmi!" She scolded herself silently.

She didn't want to think of the kiss and the sin she had committed. She was starting to worry about her self control and how she didn't seem to have any when she was beside the Prince.

Ewa had not realised when she slept off but when she woke up, she heard voices from the parlour that got her curious. Her parents weren't one to have visitors talkless of one in the morning. She stretched her hands before getting off her bed. She wanted to see who it was her parents were speaking to but she went against it as she had work to do today so she went to take her bath.

Ewa admired herself at the mirror for the umpteenth times, ignoring the voices at the parlour as she wanted to look good for the man who set her body on fire. A little knock on the door startled her a bit before she heaved a sigh of relief after seeing her mother's face.

Ewa looked just like her mother with just their face and body showing the difference between them that one was older than the other. Ewa's mother still has her slim figure intact but she was thicker than Ewa and more aged in her face although Ewa was taller than her mother by an inch or two.

Ewa was taken aback by the bright smile on her mother's face. Her mother looked really happy today and she couldn't tell why. She could no longer hear voices so she thought the strangers who had come to visit had gone.

Immediately Ewa went on her knees to greet her mother. "Omo Daada!" Her mother praised as she placed her hand on Ewa's shoulder.

"Maami hope your night was fine?" Ewa asked with a smile on her face.

"Of course. Ewa, you have made me proud. You have made us proud. You have changed our fate for us." Her mother confused Ewa with her thoughts.

Ewa looked confused as she wondered the meaning of her mother's statement. Although she knew her mother was appreciating her effort, she could tell there was more to it.

"Maami, thank you." She replied.

"Ewa why didn't you tell us on time so we would prepare ahead?" Her mother asked.