Chapter 12

Leave a comment if you are reading this chapter.

Happy new month ❤️

Ademola looked at the scroll in his hand for the upteeneth time with one hand clenched into a fist. He had heard nothing from Ewa
in the last few days

Why didn't she send a letter? Come unannounced to the palace?

He was about to bite hard at his knuckles when he heard Bode clear his throat, he then looked up and slanted his face, his eyes demanding answers.

“You're reading the scroll upside down, my Prince. " Bode commented with a sly grin on his face.

Ademola watched with a grin etching on his face as Bode adjusted it and took a step backward with his hands behind his back.

“Why didn't you tell me?"

“You seemed quite engrossed in what you were supposedly reading, my Prince. " Bode responded, hardly managing to stop himself from erupting into a laugh.

“And you decided to make fun of your Prince?" Ademola cocked a brow.

“How dare I make fun of the future King of this land? That would be an abomination." Bode simply commented with a gesture of his arms outstretched.

Ademola chuckled and began to roll the scroll as he spoke, “Should I go and see my future queen?"

“Why, my Prince?"

“I haven't heard from her in days and my heart hurts," Ademola let out a bitter chuckle, “Am I stupid to pine for that woman, Bode?"

“Of course, not. You're just desperate to see her. "

“Desperate?" Ademola stopped rolling the scroll and looked up, “I have everything I want. Why would you think of me to be desperate?"

“That is a question you should answer, my Prince but can I advise you?" Bode asked.

Ademola gave the latter a go ahead with a nudge of his shoulder.

“Don't go. Stay in the palace. "

“Why? You just said I was desperate to see her? Why should I stay here?"

Bode sighed heavily with his left hand on his forehead, “My Prince, if you leave the Palace. There are so many people who would want to see you. "

“And why is that a problem, Bode?"

“There are people who don't want to see you but want to kill you. " Bode continued.

“Why? I'm the future of this land. Why would anyone want to kill me?" Ademola asked as he folded his arms.

Bode mashed his lips together before smashing his knuckles on the wooden table, “Because you're the Crown Prince. That is the exact reason. "

“But I have been outside the palace and no one has killed me. I think you forgot that." Ademola pointed.