chapter thirty five

Apparently the call wasn't all that important, because Anakin had hung up before you even finished looking through the closet and picked something out to wear for the night. He huffed a little and ran his hands over his face again, annoyed at the interruption. But you were already closing yourself in behind the closet door and pulling some sleep-shorts up your legs under the towel, followed by a tank top and then a sweater, so it was clear there was no continuing this right now.

It was probably a good thing, anyway. His body was still wracked with pains every time he moved-- he had pushed it to the furthest corner of his mind as he kissed you, but it was only so long before it would ruin the mood. He couldn't move as well as normal, not for now at least, and he was determined to show you the best of his abilities when he was able.

Force, the things he could do to you...

The thought had him straining against his pants again, harder than before. He needed to take care of that.

"Can I use your shower?"

You poked your head out from behind the doorway, head still halfway inside the sweater. He was looking at his lap, the wet spot and the hard bulge beneath it. Normally you'd ask him why he didn't just use the one in his own room, but you were the one that did that to him so you decided to be nice.

"Sure, just don't get your bandages wet."

Once Anakin was in the other room, you stood at the edge of the bed and just stared at it. You still felt all worked up, like the time you drank that 'love potion' and needed to get yourself off in the bathroom. And now you were realizing Anakin had been outside the door, asking you to come to dinner... he could probably tell what you'd been doing.

You weren't sure if you could grow any more humiliated today, but you proved yourself wrong. The only comfort you had was knowing that he'd seen these things, yet he still managed to like you. So maybe you shouldn't be as self-conscious as you are.

Still, you weren't brave enough to reenact the events in the bathroom here and now, no matter how much you ached for it. Anakin was just in the other room, and you weren't sure how his Jedi senses worked, but if they were as powerful as you thought he'd definitely catch on to what you were doing.

So you busied yourself with combing your hair out, and then making the bed from the sheets that had gotten crumpled, trying to ignore the ever-present ache between your legs and will it to just go away already.

Finally, you decided that making something to eat would get your mind off of it, and also Obi-Wan and Anakin would probably appreciate it if you made some food, too.

But when you walked downstairs, Obi-Wan was already elbow-deep in some sort of recipe.

"Whatcha making?" you slid onto a stool at the bar, the cold metal causing goosebumps to form on your legs.

The older Jedi looked like he had showered as well, and the bags under his eyes were a lot less prominent from his nap. He was wearing a plain, loose shirt and pants, and was stirring something in a bowl with his good hand.

"A surprise," he looked up and winked, and you peered over the counter to see what was in the bowl. It was a cream-colored mixture, goopy in texture, with bits of brown in it.

"Are those pancakes?"

"Okay, not a surprise."

You laughed and folded your arms over the countertop, watching him work for a while. He only used one hand to do everything, and you wondered why he didn't just use the force to compensate for the small struggles he ran into.