*bonus chapter*

A.N.-- this is basically just smut that I had written for their flight on the way to Cato Neimoida, but it didn't fit with the vibes of the last couple chapters. so enjoy :)

You didn't think he'd mind it much when you sat on his lap.

He was just piloting, barely paying attention to the controls as it was because there was nothing to really pilot around. Just checking the internal pressure, making sure the ship was still on course, tapping dials and calculating shortcuts in his head.

He was moving his lips to the words he was saying in his mind, eyebrows all furrowed and face all pouty as he reached forward on the dash.

And the ship was cold as hell, and there were no other seats up in the cockpit... but you wanted to stay here with him.

So you did the next most logical thing in the situation, and slid under his arms, nestling yourself right onto his lap, wiggling around a little to get comfortable.

His hands paused on the controls, watching you plop yourself down on him. So shy, yet so bold sometimes— it really did confuse him.

But you just looked at him innocently. "What? Carry on."

But how could he carry on when your ass was perfectly nestled between his legs like that? When you shifted your hips just slightly, to 'get comfortable' again, and brushed up against him like you just did? When your eyes were slightly darkened and there was a shift of something mischievous surrounding you?

No— he knew what you were doing.

But if you wanted to play games, he would show you that he never lost.

Anakin went back to piloting, slotting his hands around you to get to the dashboard. He rested his chin on your shoulder as he fiddled with the controls, rolling his hips just slightly. 'Getting comfortable', as you had put it, shuffling your quick inhale to the back of his mind.

He sat there and let you stew in your own uncomfortable arousal, waiting for you to ask him for something. But you never did.

Instead, he could feel you getting sleepy, wilting against his chest, head falling back against his shoulder.

"What the hell are you even piloting for," you mumbled lazily. "There's nothing out here for miles."

"I'm keeping us on course," he explained. "Any shift off track could land us galaxies away from where we need to be."

"Hm. Put it on autopilot?"

"It's not as reliable."

"But this is so boring."

"Well what would you rather be doing?" He craned his neck to look at you, and you just shrugged.

"I dunno. Anything else."

"You're the one who decided to sit here. I thought you liked watching me."

"I do."

"Then be quiet and let me do my job."

You huffed and wiggled in his arms again, stretching. His eyes fell to the sliver of skin exposed between your shirt and waistband, the way your shorts rode up your thighs, the pretty arch your back made against him at the motion.

Almost as if you'd sensed his captivity with you, you took his hands off the control board and wrapped them around you, holding his big arms against your stomach with your smaller arms.

"'Ts cold in here."

"The ship needs to stay cool so the engines don't overheat."

"You're such a nerd," you snuggled back against him and closed your eyes.