Chapter 30 Kidnapping Anu

Dev rushed towards their suite, surprised that Anu has not arrived yet. The conference hall from which Dev came was in the next block, while Anu, who had only gone to the lobby of the same building, had not returned. This reality frightened him. He dialled her number from his guard's phone right away. However, the phone number was disconnected. Then they tried calling the two police officers' mobile phones, but they were both disconnected. That gave them the impression that the cops were also participating. Dev dashed towards the lobby while one guard remained at the room entrance. After seeing an empty lobby, Dev's heart began to ache. There were no signs of them at the hotel's entry or in the parking lot. Dev immediately alerted the local police. The guards started tracking utilizing their overseas connections as well.

Dev cried his heart out, "I'm sorry, Angel, I failed to protect you." Chinese Police have also started their investigation. The critical checkpoints were all tracked, and the Police officers were under action around the city. The individual who stole Dev's phone was recognized as a server in the hotel using the security camera footage. Thanks to security camera footage in the hotel, the person who stole Dev's phone was identified as a server in the resort. After further questioning, he disclosed that he had given the phone to someone staying in the resort's Room.No.1150. According to the booking records, the hotel was booked in the name of an anonymous Indian individual, and they later discovered that all of the identity documents were fake. Dev felt bad about not increasing the resort's security beforehand. Some subterranean mafia appeared to have aided the person who lived in Room.No.1150. After a series of inquiries, they concluded that the person who stayed was a known person to Dev, who even knows the pattern for Dev's mobile lock screen.

Mugil came to mind while Dev was thinking of someone who knew his mobile pattern, but his heart was not accepting the fact. That pattern is unknown even to Anu. But, he reasoned, "How can Mugil do such things?" His mind was a tangle, and he couldn't think of anything. He couldn't think of anything as his mind was in turmoil.

Since these allegations originated in India, the Indian police were informed.

Putting everything aside, Dev decided to speak with Mugil about the situation.

But he was taken aback when he noticed that his phone was also turned off. He immediately dialled Riya's number and explained everything to her. Riya felt terrible for Anu and was taken aback by the notion that Mugil was the prime suspect.

After thorough investigations, it was clear that Anu was kidnapped and taken to India in a private Jet by a group of people.

The private jet company does not appear to have any connection to the kidnapper but was compensated handsomely for providing confidential personnel and other services. Dev can't image Mugil being a part of this.

However, after speaking with Riya, it became evident that Mugil had been missing for the entire day, leading the police to firmly suspect Mugil. Dev and his team flew back to India in their private jet after alerting Chinese authorities. Earlier, Dev's mobile number was blocked immediately. Soon after his return to India, as a VIP, he obtained a new phone with the same number from the service provider.

Dev grew terrified and began yelling at everyone. He can't eat a single bite of food when he thinks of Anu. "Did you eat anything, dear?" You can't stand the feeling of being hungry. Are they torturing you?" he worried, his thoughts racing with concerns.

Dev tried to recall the chain of events from the day of the fire accident. Mugil was the one who first informed Dev about the accident. Mugil was the one who hand-picked the two cops who would be accompanying him to China. As per Riya's statement, Mugil didn't interact much with her in the last week. That particular day, Mugil informed Riya that he needed to inspect several locations. However, there was no evidence that he had visited such sites.

All of these facts made it impossible for Dev to accept Mugil's innocence. The police also regarded Mugil as the main suspect. They started tracking his contacts for the past few days.

While everyone was in turmoil, Anu was tied up in a wooden chair in a dark room somewhere on the outskirts of Chennai. Earlier, Anu requested the policemen to accompany her to the room after Dev's call when she was waiting in the Resort's lobby in China. When she was about to enter the lift, they forced her to sniff a cloth. She doesn't recall anything after that. She promptly passed out. She awoke on a chair, bound. She tried to scream, but her lips were frozen shut. There was, however, no one about. Someone was outside the room, she could tell. Her voice was muffled by the tape, as she tried to yell for help.

After hearing her voice, two people who looked like hooligans entered the room and approached her. Anu was terrified when she saw them. She swiftly drew her gaze away from them.

"Look, girl," one man said, waving a sharp knife. Make no attempt to cause an issue. We will not intervene if you remain silent. Otherwise, our weapons would speak."

She tried to talk, but the plaster prevented her from doing so. She then made a gesture for water.

One of the rowdies took the plaster out of her mouth and handed her a bottle of water. She got a little tipsy and yelled.

"Can you tell me who you are? Do you have any idea who my husband is? He'll kill you all. Release me from here. I need to travel to India."

"Already you are in India, dear," the hooligans laughed and mocked her.

They didn't allow her to say anything else. After plastering her mouth, they closed the door and walked outside.

"How did I end myself here? I have no recollection of anything. Dev, where have you gone? Please come and save me from this hell." She began to cry.

Someone opened the door when Anu was crying like this. She was agitated and gazed at the entrance. When she saw the person standing at the doorway, she grinned.

She cried, "Mugil, come save me!"

However, she was perplexed by the change in his facial expression, and she got panicked when he began imitating her voice. She is clueless about what is going on.