Breakfast

-3rd Person POV-

    About an hour later, the group piled into Bandit's Dodge Charger, and pulled out of base.  Ash had returned from her morning run, and had changed into a burnt-orange t-shirt and blue jeans, while everyone else just opted to stay in the same outfit.  Ash had joined them for a Spongebob episode before they went out for breakfast, and IQ saw a look on her face that she thought no one but Thermite would see: joy.

    Bandit pulled into the local IHOP and parked near the building, shutting off his car.  The group piled out and walked in in a wave of laughter and good conversation.  Y/N, being a gentleman, held open the door for the party, which everyone but Bandit accepted.

"I got it dude, head on in"  Bandit spoke, holding the door.

"Dom, everyone's already inside" Y/N spoke.

"Well, I'm holding it for you"  he countered.

"Dude, it's fine, really, just head in"

"Bro, I'm holding the door now so-"

"For the love of-" Caveira hissed and grabbed them both by the collar and nearly dragged them into the IHOP.  "Next time, both of you just enter"  she smirked, before resuming a chat with Valkyrie.  Few minutes later, the group was sat down at a booth.  IQ happily sat on Y/N's lap, and had her head on his chest.  Everyone else sat normally, but didn't mind seeing the love in front of them.

"Alright, what's everyone getting?"  Ash asked, looking at the menu.

"Pancakes" everyone else spoke.  Ash looked up at them and smirked.

"Pancakes it is then" she chucked and set the menu down.

"So, Dom, Meghan"  Monika began, smiling smally while looking back and forth between them.  "I heard you two are official?"

"Shit, who told you?"  Valkyrie responded quickly, much to Caveira's annoyance.

"I did"  Bandit raised his hand.  "Well, she found out"

"It was pretty obvious man"  Y/N spoke up.  "You two were practically cuddling all last night".  Valkyrie grew a bit red and leaned into Bandit, who chuckled and put his arm around her, holding her close.

"Exhibit A"  Thermite chuckled, nodding to the two.  After a bit, they had all placed in their orders for the pancakes, and all were sipping at some flavor of juice.  Some light conversation was had, about everything, from White Mask and training, to hobbies, interests, love, and of course, sex.  For that piece, IQ had opted to stay quiet, as she was still nervous about the subject matter, something Ash picked up on.  Not wanting to call attention to it, she discreetly slipped out her phone and typed a quick message to her:

Ash: Hey, you alright?

IQ felt her phone buzz in her pocket, and slipped it out, and read the message, discreetly of course.  She typed a quick response and hit "send"

IQ: Fine, Eliza.  Just not too keen on the subject of talk currently

Ash raised an eyebrow and typed her response:

Ash:  Bad experience?

Ash:  I swear if Y/N did anything to harm or hurt you, I'll fucking murder him

IQ:  NONONO!  Y/N has been nothing but great!  I seriously love him to death and feelings mutual.  It's...I know I want it, I just don't know if I'm ready

Ash:  Hey, seriously, don't rush something like this.  Y/N seems like a very understanding person

IQ:  I know, it's just...I feel like I owe it to him

Ash:  No you don't.  You don't owe him sex

IQ:  I wish things werent so complicated

Ash:  welcome to life

The two went back and forth with the messaging until the food arrived.  Each had settled on a different type of pancake:  IQ was basic, so she went plain.  Ash and Thermite were having a sweet tooth, so they both went with chocolate chip.  Valkyrie went classic blueberry, and Bandit decided on walnut and banana, of which Valkyrie took a bite of almost immediately.  Caveira had gotten Pina Colada, which was a surprise to everyone that such a flavor for pancake was even a thing.  It seemed so good that Y/N opted to order the same thing.

"I'm thinking I should've gotten Pina Colada" IQ chuckled, looking between her plan pancakes and Y/N's over-the-top deluxe plate.

"No matter"  he smiled, taking one of his two and putting it on her plate.  She immediately did the same, giving him a basic pancake.  "Thanks babe.  Honestly, I didn't think I could finish both, so I hoped you would want one"

"Holy shit thats amazing!"  Caveira spoke up.  Y/N saw she had food in her mouth, the pancakes most definitely.

"I gotta try this now"  IQ spoke, cutting a piece of the pancake.  She ate the bite, and Y/N had never seen her light up so quickly.  "Oh wow!"

"Good right?"  Caveira asked.

"Hell yeah.  Tastes like an actual pancake".  The table shared a laugh as they all resumed chowing down on their non-cardboard breakfasts.

A/N: hey all!  Very sorry for late update!  Lots going on.  Both the stories will still be updated, just on uneven schedules.  I can promise no less than 2 updates a month as of now, so yeah.  Enjoy!