Target Spotted

-IQ POV-

"Who's the target?"  Y/N asked through the comms.  We found out that the White Mask gang boss in the area was going to be at a cocktail party along the water, so we had to ditch our tactical getups for something more...formal.  Aka, me tripping over myself in heels and a low-hung dress.  It was a nice bright green, but the uncomfort made it a no-go in my book.  Still, it was what our contact had access to.  She was okay, kind of had a shadowy nature, but she came through.

"Salvador Veinsaw.  Successful German scientist and multi-millionaire"  I responded, making my way through the rather crowded party, and grabbing a martini to blend in.  I park in the corner of the room, and take a small sip, looking around to see if I can spot our Bill-Nye the Science Guy.  I picked a few out of the crowd who I knew were German, from looks to their accents, for those I could hear, but none of which fit the bill for our guy.  I sighed and took another sip from my martini.  This was gonna be a long night.

-Y/N POV-

After three unsuccessful sweeps of the party, I stopped at the bar in the room adjacent to the main hall, and took a seat.  I needed a drink to help with my slight disappointment in my performance.  Plus, one needs to blend in.

"What'll it be?"  the tender asked, cleaning a beer mug with a rag.

"Vodka martini,"  I answered.  "Shaken, not stirred".  The tender nods and gets my drink together as I look around behind me, seeing if our guy pops up.  The tender slides me my drink, and I thank and tip him.  I sip at it as Monika's voice came through the comms.

"I got him.  Second floor balcony, coming out to the main hall".  I peek in the direction of the balcony, and sure enough, there stood our target, Dr. Veinsaw, talking to a group of well-dressed men.  I smirk a little and set down my drink.

"Good eye.  Move in, don't engage"

"And what will you be doing?"  she responded.

"Sipping my drink"  I chuckle, taking another sip from my martini.  I hear her breath through the comms.

"Try not to pass out, Y/N, or I'll get Taina on your ass"  she threatened.  I chuckled again.

"Just the one, babe, promise".  I finish my drink and the tender comes and grabs my glass.  I pay for the drink and get up, discreetly making my way over to the main hall.  I look up at the balcony and see our target still in conversation.  "Monika, location"

"Just got up to the balcony.  Above the side wing"  she responded.  I looked over to the left and spotted her, looking beautiful in the green dress.  The lights then started to dim, and a single bright light started moving around the crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen!"  I heard from the balcony, and looked to see our guy looking over the crowd of people, looking very spiffy and powerful.  "We hope you all are having a nice evening, and I would like to personally thank each and every one of you for contributing to the creation of Heracles.  With this in hand, the New Order can bring about peace in our time."  I watched him raise a wine glass in a toast.  "To a world without conflict!"

"World without conflict!"  the crowd toasted, holding up their glasses.

"Heracles?"  Monika asked through the comms.

"I wonder if Six knew about this"  I responded, keeping an eye on our guy.

"I would also like to take the time to welcome an...unexpected guest.  It is my honor to welcome here tonight, team Rainbow!"  The single spotlights fell on me, blinding me for a second.  I looked away from the lights and back up at the Doctor, irritation on my face.  "It is such an honor to be in the presence of the very ones who sparked my ambition.  For that, I thank you" he smiled.

"Yeah, I wasn't there for that"  I responded, slightly balling my fists.  I see Monika out of the corner of my eye, back pressed against the wall, and her P12 already drawn.

"Minor details"  Salvador chuckled, waving his hand.  "Either way, I would like for you to witness what we have been able to create, firsthand!"  Before I could speak, some type of gas dispensed from the ceiling, falling quickly down and filling the room.  The party guests around me started going into a small panic and trying to disperse.  "Calm down folks"  Salvador assured them.  "Heracles won't affect you all, just him"  he spoke, smiling evilly at me.  I quickly took a small breath and held it, covering my nose as well, so as not to breathe in whatever Heracles was.  After a few seconds, the panic was back in the people around me, this time amplified.  I looked around and was horrified at what I saw:  Everyone was rapidly breaking out in nasty-looking hives all over their faces.  I saw a few of them claw at their necks, which have also swelled, and dropped dead.  Like me, a few of them were lucky, as they showed no sign of infection.  I look back up to the doctor, who bore a confused look on his face.  In that moment of confusion, I leapt into action, charging up the stairs and onto the balcony.  Salvador saw me from his peripheral and bolted, sliding down the banister of the stairs I had just come up.

"Monika, we have a runner"  I commed her, sliding down the banister and chasing after the doctor.