- Tom and Katja Talk Spider-Man on Red Carpet Premiere

"Hello," she smiled at them.

"Hello there. Hi. Nice to meet you," Tom greeted her while Katja smiled.

"It is so nice to meet you. Welcome."

"I'm Tom. How're you doing?" he asked, kind of nervously making both girls laugh.

"I'm great. So we are actually streaming live to the Marvel fans right now."

"Wow," Tom's eyes widened. "Pressure."

"Just breathe," Katja whispered to him before the mic moved to her. "Hello, everyone."

"Hey, everyone. This is amazing," he smiled. "This is so cool."

"So speaking of pressure," she jumped into the questions, "what has it been like for you taking on this beloved role and bringing it to the Marvel Cinematic Universe for the first time?"

"At first it was pretty terrifying. Um, but as you all probably know, Marvel are so- they're a powerhouse and they have the best of the business in every aspect of the film and I was always in such good hands and working with Robert very closely and Chris. I was always- I was always in good company, you know? Katja too," he turned to the girl beside him who gave a small smile. "And they helped me through every step of the way. And, uh, and really gave me good guidance on what I needed to do to do justice to the character. Katja really was a big help with a lot of the stuff since we are closer in age, so we could really bond over that. And other things," he added quickly while the interviewer laughed. "Age is not the only basis of our friendship."

"Katja, do you have anything to add?"

"Not really. Um, Tom just fit in really well. We all became good friends fast, but it's definitely a different type of relationship between us compared to Chris or Robert or anyone else since he and I are closer in age, so it's more of a best friend compared to how the others are closer to older siblings or parents sometimes."

"And how far apart in age are you?"

"A year," Tom answered. "She was born in '98 and I was in '96, but right now we're a year apart."

"And speaking of Chris', Chris Hensworth was around during the process when you were finding out about becoming Spider-Man. About getting the role. Did you talk to him while that was going on? 'Cause you guys did a film together."

"Yeah, I- I- I sent him a text asking him if he could let Kevin Fiege knew that he worked with me and he replied saying- he was like, 'Yeah, I'll tell him that you're really unprofessional, you never learn your lines, and you're always late to work.' And I was like, 'Great.'"

"It's so nice to know that you can count on him," she laughed.

"Yeah, it's not true. I'm super professional, so."

"And he's not just saying that," Katja added. "He's really good about knowing his lines and what to do and showing up on time and stuff like that."
"Something else I wanted to ask you about. I heard that you actually found out that you got the role on Instagram?"

"Yes, I did. It was, um... It was a crazy way to find out. My- I'd been playing golf with my dad and lost, which is bad."

"Do you usually lose?"

"Not really, no. He'll hate me for saying that, but no. I came home and I was really upset and I was looking on Instagram and Marvel posted a photo of Spider-Man saying go to our website to find out who our new Spider-Man is. I went to the website and it said, 'We're delighted to announce that the new Spider-Man is...' and I sort of, like, slammed my computer. I was like, 'I need to take a minute. I'm so terrified of what this might say.' And it said my name and- and it was the greatest, greatest day I've had. It was the best day ever. It was amazing."

"That's incredible. And you step into this ensemble of talen who, you know, are award winning and they've been doing these films. What was it like that first day on set? And I know you can't give away what you're doing in the film, but what can you sort of just tell us out of context?"

He thought for a minute. "It was the most surreal experience of my life. I mean, I've been a huge fan of Marvel even years and years before the idea of me being a part of these movies came about. And to see these guys in sort of, like, 3-D in their suits and to meet them as, like, real people was one of the craziest experiences of my life and- and I'm so lucky and so privileged to have that experience. And I'm just so grateful, you know, that it happened and that it's finally here. I mean, this has been a secret that I've been keeping for so long and now people can finally see it. So, I'm delighted."

"Well, they're gonna have a blast when they see it. One final question since we have both of you here."

"Sure," he invited.

"What was the meeting between both of you like?"

"Well," Tom chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck, "we came onto the read for some scenes and we're sitting around taking a break and I've met pretty much everyone else, but I was staying away from her."

"Which made me really anxious," Katja jumped in. "I don't really like- Not like. I love talking to people, but it makes me nervous. People in general make me nervous and seeing Tom just steer clear of me, like for the entire day, was making me really stressed out."

"But what she didn't know is that I was stressing out too. As I said, I've been a Marvel fan for a really long time and I grew up watching these movies and in each movie, Annabelle is about the same age as I was and," he laughed again, "I had the biggest crush on her as a kid." The interviewer laughed as Katja blushed. "And I was so nervous to go over to her that I just avoided her for most of the day."

"Did you know that?" the interviewer asked Katja.

"About him having a crush on me? Or I guess my character?"

"A bit of both," Tom blushed and Katja laughed.

She nodded. "It came up a while into shooting after we started hanging out more."

"So how did it go when you finally talked to her?"

"Robert actually introduced us," Tom glanced at Katja who nodded.

"He went into, like, protective father mode and started to notice that I was getting really anxious, so he brought Tom over and introduced us, stayed with us to make sure we started talking, and then left after a while once we were comfortable enough."

"Go him."

"Yes," Tom nodded. "We have a lot to thank Robert for. Otherwise some future scenes and this interview would be very awkward." They all laughed again.

"Have a fantastic time tonight. Thanks so much for talking to the Marvel fans."

"Thank you, everyone. Love you all. Thank you," Tom looked at the camera.

"Thanks. You guys are all so great. We love you," Katja smiled next.

"Thanks, Tom. Thanks, Katja," she told them before turning back to the camera as they walked away.

"See, that wasn't so bad," Katja smiled at him.

"Only a little nerve wracking."

"Exactly. And it gets better with time. My first interview, I pretty much had a panic attack. If you take my pulse right now, it'd be so high you would barely be able to count it." He laughed. "But, hey, progress. If you're starting with 'a little nerve wracking,' you'll be fine."

"Well, I'll take your word for it."

I know this is a few days late, but here it is. Hope you liked it! (It's also unedited, but I'll come back and do it soon.)