♡ HAPPEN (2021)

HAPPEN is the fifth mini album from cube entertainment female soloist, ryun, released on september 20, 2021

HAPPEN is the fifth mini album from cube entertainment female soloist, ryun, released on september 20, 2021. it includes eight tracks in total, including the title track happen and an instrumental called destiny, it's just a tiny dot.

originally set to release earlier that year, ryun spoke about the album in a early 2021 issue of the singles korea magazine. she told the magazine that she was particular excited for this album because after her 2020 releases and 2021 mini album, she'd felt she lost herself and working on the album helped her regain focus. she went on to further comment that she wanted to apologize to fans who had to wait many months for her.

there was a slight controversy about the age gap between the actor in the happen mv, song joong ki (b. 1985) and her a '96 liner; making there be an 11 year age gap. this was quickly resolved within her fandom by fans stating to not over-analyze things they don't understand. the controversy completely died when ryun was asked about the situation during a live and she commented, "my precious heartbreakers are smart! they use their brains to think critically and not believe baseless rumors! i know they wouldn't drag others down by spreading false news! <3"

TRACK LIST
originally by heize

01 happen — title track
"a painful love affair
or an ordinary parting
you can make it happen"

02 like the first time ft. gary
"what the hell is love?
did it come to me just to end up going away?
should i have kept my distance from it?"

03 flu ft. wooseok
"i have to go
it's either you or i
before it hurts more"

04 why
"why don't you fall in love?
how much longer do you have to abandon me?
why are you going far away?
how much longer do we have to go?"

05 the walking dead
"i love you
please don't push me away
you don't want me to die
protecting this love a little bit more
is like my survival instinct"

06 from the rain
"it becomes an endless raindrop
give me a hug
i can't easily erase you
please leave a trace and go"

07 hi, hello?
"anyways, it's nice to see you
hi, hello my old boyfriend,
you are not by my side"

08 destiny, it's just a tiny dot.
-instrumental-

MV