♡ HOW DID RYUN AND WOOZI GET TOGETHER?

i'm in a ryun and woozi relationship mood,
so more chapters about them will come soon.

anyways here's a chapter on the beginnings of ryun and woozi's relationship. i feel like i never established how they got together, nor explored cube or pledis's responses.

so, how did ryun and woozi get together?

well, here's how.

➥ 𝘞𝘌 𝘎𝘖𝘛 𝘔𝘈𝘙𝘙𝘐𝘌𝘋

➥ 𝘞𝘌 𝘎𝘖𝘛 𝘔𝘈𝘙𝘙𝘐𝘌𝘋

they were friends before beginning a relationship, and their friendship became public as they starred on the fifth season of 'we got married.'

while on the show, they were promoted as a "friends to lovers" story. this marketing proved to be successful as viewership for the program reached its highest peak during ryun and woozi's appearance. as well as, several moments from the show went viral, and several hashtags tended on twitter about the pairing.

to capitalize on their popularity from the show, the pair were encouraged by producers and their company managements, to share pictures together on social media. because neither company controlled their personal social medias, they followed each other, and openly supported, interacted, and commented about each other. their friendship was further solidified after the episode featuring seventeen, and the heartwarming interactions between the members and ryun.

➥ 𝘋𝘈𝘛𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘚𝘊𝘈𝘕𝘋𝘈𝘓 + 𝘏𝘐𝘈𝘛𝘜𝘚

all of their interactions while on the show were genuine and (mostly) non-scripted, and many netizens praised the pair for their natural chemistry while on the show, and cute friendship while off the show.

criticism and hate toward the pair was relatively low for the duration of the show, until the airing of the marriage episode, where ryun and woozi shared a kiss on the cheek. this lead to waves of criticism sent to the pair and network.

ryun in particular, suffered the onslaught of hate, with her several other dating scandals brought up. despite all of the rumors being denied and proven false, she was slut-shamed, and criticized for getting into so much drama while so early in her career. ryun, being a female idol, was disproportionately more hated on than woozi but he did face hate. carats, while not the majority of participants in the hate, had a vocal minority who did shame ryun. in turn for those vocal minority
shaming her, her fans sent hate to seventeen. all of the members were targeted, but woozi was criticized the most.

behind closed doors, woozi supported ryun through the hate, and when further scandals came to light he remained a shoulder to lean on and an ear to listen to.

the dating scandal continued till the end of the show, when both company's released statements denying any romantic relationship rumors, and ryun was placed on a forced hiatus.

ryun and woozi would officially begin a relationship in late 2018.

ryun's hiatus lasted throughout 2019 and into early 2020. ryun remained almost completely out of the public eye, while seventeen remained active. it was a miserable time for ryun, but one upside was the amount of "freedom" she received to focus on solidifying her relationship and life outside of being an idol.

ryun did not want to reveal their relationship to their companies but the repercussions of other company artists' (after they'd been kicked out) forced her to. it was a mutual decision to tell their companies about their relationship after six months. neither company supported their decision at first, but after several meetings between the companies and artists, an agreement was reached.

ryun's contract was not terminated because she wasn't under any dating ban, and did not go against the company the way other company artists' did. seventeen also weren't under a dating ban.

𝘊𝘖𝘔𝘗𝘈𝘕𝘠 𝘙𝘌𝘚𝘗𝘖𝘕𝘚𝘌

ryun and woozi requested their relationship remain private until they mutually decided to inform the public. their companies agreed to the terms.

if cube ent did punish ryun for her relationship, it was in the form of her 15 month hiatus, and the subsequent lack of planned music releases in 2020. combined with the mismanagement of several other company members, and the termination of hyuna and dawn's contracts; the company was in a tight spot and ryun became frustrated with her company. she considered leaving her company, but was advised against it as she was still early in her career.

pledis ent and seventeen have a complicated relationship (to say the least), but woozi did not face any longterm consequences or punishments for their relationship. the hate he received was comparably less than ryun, he was able to promote with his group, and his contract with his company was never under threat.