♡ WGM: BEFORE THE MEETING

it'd been a hell of a week for ryun, not only had she been promoting nonstop for her album but she'd also gotten the news that she had would be starring in the new season of we got married and her virtual husband would be lee jihoon from seventeen

she was surprised to say the least by the news but she wasn't uncomfortable as she and jihoon had recently struck up a friendship and were now at the point in their friendship where they tried to text or facetime multiple times a week. since she'd found out the news she'd been meaning to text jihoon about it so they could talk. she wanted to make sure that he was comfortable with being her partner on the show for several months. she'd just been too busy until today to do it.

"jihoon-ah hey," instead of texting him, she chose to facetime him.

"hey," he said without looking at the camera, his attention being fully on typing on the laptop he was on. he was barefaced with his hair held back by a headband, ryun could tell he'd been working for awhile due to the slight dark circles around his eyes.

"where are you right now?" she wanted to make sure no staff or his members could hear them.

"in bed, working on a song. the boys are watching a movie. why? what's wrong?"

she couldn't help but roll her eyes at his response. of course he'd ask what was wrong, in the last few weeks since they'd began talking more, she'd learned just how jihoon lived up to the nickname 'documentary.'

"nothing serious, i just wanted to know how you felt about us being partners on we got married? you're cool with it right?"

he finally looked down at the phone camera that was being propped up by his blankets, his eyebrows pinched behind the glasses he was wearing, "we're friends, why would i have a problem with us being partners? do you have a problem with it?"

she sighed into her sleeve, "no, not really," resting her head on her hand she continued, "i'm just worried that it'll be weird. yes, we're friends but we haven't been friends for that long. we just started talking everyday and hangout when we have time, how are we going to act on camera? what happens if we're just weird and it ruins our friendship?"

as she vented he listened intently, taking in all her words with his attention fully on her. when she finished and looked at him for a response he said with a straight face, "worry isn't a good look on you noona."

her face contorted, "don't be an ass, say something helpful."

"you said it yourself, we're friends. being on this show shouldn't change that. if anything it'll be a chance to get to know each other better." he said closing the laptop and moving it out of the frame, "if things do change between us, then it's because we changed them. it wouldn't be the show's fault that our friendship was ruined, it would just mean that it wasn't that strong to begin with."

while he talked he began to move around, picking up his phone and shifting his blankets around so that he could lay down, ryun patiently waited for him to get adjusted so she could hear him clearly. "you can't worry about the future ryun-ah, we won't know what'll happen till we get there. all we can do right now is continue as we are and do what we can." he finished as he got comfortable, with his phone now being propped up by a pillow and his head resting on his arm.

ryun exhaled, "so what your saying is we'll cross that bridge when we come to it?"

he hummed a sound of conformation and nodded. "if you need to dumb it down, basically yeah," they both let out a small laugh, before he got serious again.

"but seriously noona, our friendship will be alright. plus, i couldn't ask for a better virtual wife than you~" he teased with an adorable eye smile to the camera that had ryun's heart practically bursting at with cuteness.

"screw you, i could think of a million better virtual husbands than you." her nose scrunched.

"oh yeah, who?"

"mingyu, hansol, seungcheol oppa... literally any of the other members." that wasn't really true as she didn't know his others members well, she just knew them enough to be on a first name basis with them.

jihoon knew this as well but he played along anyways, "puh-leeze," he scoffed, "if you had any other partner besides me, you'd look like a little kid."

her eyebrows rose in challenge, "oh, so your saying that your so small that i look normal next to you?" laughter bubbled in her throat when she saw his face contort.

"now that was just plain mean, i'm leaving." his mock scowl had her laughing her head off as he ended the call and her phone when dark.