♡ HOW SHE MET HYEJIN

2014

2014

"i just have to pee real quick oppa, i promise i'll be quick," ahn hyejin begged her manager, jeon jihun, who was in all honesty drained from the looking after the hyper girl.

"fine, go," he sighed, pointing toward where the shop bathrooms were, "but you have ten minutes or i'm leaving without you." he said firmly.

"ten minutes, got it, thank youuu~" she grinned at him and quickly ran off to the women's bathroom.

"yes! there's a stall," she exclaimed when she entered and found the only empty stall out of the two that were in there. immediately rushing in and locking the door to do her business, hyejin was in and out quickly, and walked to the sink to wash her hands. she had just gotten done washing them and was drying them with a paper towel when she heard a sniff come from the closed stall behind her that caused her to jump and whip her head around toward that direction.

"hello?" she said even though she knew it was kind of weird and maybe even rude.

the person, who hyejin knew was a girl because this was the women's bathroom, said nothing but she heard another, louder sniff.

"are you okay?" she asked walking closer to the door and pressing an ear against it. what she heard was what sounded like muffled crying that made her immediately start to worry.

"hello. i can hear you crying in there, are you okay?"

the muffled crying suddenly stopped.

"my name's hyejin, can i ask why your crying?" hyejin tried not to cringe at how creepy this sounded.

after a few seconds the person sniffed and murmured, "m-my mom j-just died."

that froze hyejin in her tracks.

"oh." she didn't know what else to say so she said nothing, instead choosing to wait for the person to speak first.

there was a long moment of silence before hyejin heard a choked cry from behind the door, followed by loud sobbing.

"...my mom... o-oh my god...," that was the most heartbreaking thing hyejin had ever heard, in that moment wanting nothing more than to kick in the stall door and wrap the person inside in her arms. and she would have, but the stall door was locked and she didn't have the strength to kick it in. instead she laid down in the floor and began to crawl under.

what she saw when she was almost fully under, broke her heart even more. the girl inside was sobbing loudly into her hands, her long black hair blanketing the rest of her face. she didn't notice hyejin as she fully crawled under into the stall and stood up, walking over to the girl.

hyejin knew she should say something but she also knew that nothing she could say would make a difference. the girl's mom was dead and hyejin couldn't bring her back, all she could do was be a person who was there to comfort her even if she didn't know her.

"i'm so sorry." she said, bending down and wrapping her arms around the girl, who leaned into her touch. they stayed that way for god knows how long but hyejin never once let her go and when she finally did it was only when the girls sobs had been reduced to sniffs and hiccups.

"i-i'm hei-ran, thank you." the girl, hei-ran said between her sniffs and hiccups before leaning forward and pulling hyejin into a hug.