Weapon of Choice

((A/N Rated Teen and Up. Draco and Harry join a sword dueling club and Harry finds that he can cast spells with his sword. He joins Draco at the manor for Christmas so that they can practice. This one is more Christmas fluff than actual sword fighting. Also, what started out as a one shot quickly rolled into 7 chapters. I can't be blamed for that.))

His entire career at Hogwart's, Draco had thought Muggle studies was a waste of time. At first, thanks to his father, he thought he was above it. He thought wizards were better than Muggles. After returning to Hogwart's, he had thought it was a waste because he felt that his time was better spent on things that would actually help him get a job. After experiencing his first class with the new professor, he had changed his mind.

Professor Williams had the class divided into two sections. The first part of class, they learned about Muggle currency, banks, clothing styles. Things they needed to know to actually blend into Muggle society. She occasionally added in lessons about Muggle technology and had even scheduled trips for the older students to go to the cinema.

The second half of class was for Muggle sports and self defense. Dean Thomas was ridiculously excited to share his love of football with his classmates, but Draco loved the self defense portion of class. Two class periods a week, they were paired up and taught how to defend themselves from physical attacks. "The Muggle world is a dangerous place. Muggles don't have magic, but they have weapons. You need to know how to defend yourselves without magic as well as with it," Professor Williams had said.

The first class had been a bit awkward with Draco being paired with Potter, but when he made a joke about Granger not being able to punch him so easily now Potter had actually laughed. It lightened up the atmosphere and the two were able to work well together.

Just after Halloween, the professor allowed the students with the highest scores in her class and good grades in their other courses to join a dueling club. It was better than Draco had expected. She taught them basic sword techniques and said they'd be learning how to spar with a partner. The goal was to be able to display basic sword techniques for the class before the Yule ball. Draco loved the lessons and soaked them up like a sponge. Potter was, of course, right beside him. They had always been evenly matched in quidditch and this was no different. They were both quickly surpassing their classmates and only seemed to be in competition with each other, as usual.

Draco wasn't surprised at all when they were paired together as sparring partners. They quickly learned to move with each other and were often used by the professor to show the other students proper technique. Professor Williams also agreed to allow them to use their wooden practice swords outside of her classroom, as long as they were outside. Because of this, it wasn't uncommon to see Draco and Potter practising by the lake after they were finished with their classwork. Other students would often gather to watch, but as it grew closer to Christmas and colder outside, the crowds grew thinner and thinner until it was just the two of them.

On a particularly windy evening, Potter approached Draco in the common room, "Can I have a moment?" he asked quietly.

"For you, Potter," Draco smirked, "I've got five."

Potter rolled his eyes and turned away, motioning for Draco to follow him. They stepped into the corridor and Potter looked around to make sure they were alone. "I've figured something out and I need your help."

Draco couldn't help but to be intrigued. What could possibly have Potter needing his help. "What exactly have you figured out?"

"I accidentally channeled magic through my sword like a wand," Potter beamed up at him. "I didn't think that something like that could happen, but it did. I think if we practice, we could learn to do it on purpose."