Weapon of Choice Final Chapter

The day after Christmas wasn't quite as laid back with Draco and Harry resuming their practice. They started after breakfast and only stopped for lunch because Narcissa made them. "I've been doing some reading in the library," she informed them as they ate. "I think that the methods you're using were once much more common. There are depictions of wizards with swords and other weapons predating Hogwart's."

"That's not entirely surprising considering that Gryffindor's sword is enchanted," Harry added.

"Was there any other information about it?" Draco asked.

"Not that I could find," Narcissa said. "You might want to check the school library or talk to your professor about it. If she doesn't know, she may know where to look."

"Or ask Granger," Draco shrugged. "If it's in a library book, I'm sure she's read it."

------------------------------------------------

Later that evening, Draco's arms felt like they might fall off. He flopped onto his bed, staring at the bed hangings.

"I don't think I want to talk to the professor about it," Harry said, sprawling out next to Draco. "I doubt she knows much more than us."

"I imagine that if she had known that we could cast spells with the swords, she wouldn't have taught us how to use them," Draco agreed. They lay together in silence for several moments before Draco asked, "Do we have an end goal in mind for this? I do enjoy it, but is there a reason we're doing it?"

"The swords or us?" Harry asked, rolling over to face Draco.

"The swords," Draco answered as he faced Harry. "My only concern about us is that I'll be an ass and mess it up."

"I already know you're an ass so I doubt that would mess us up," Harry grinned. He went quiet for a minute before saying, "I honestly don't why I want to learn this. At first, with just the sword play, it was to be better than you," he chuckled. "Then when I cast a spell, it was just so awesome that I wanted to learn more. Now, I'm not so sure. I like doing it, but I feel like it's becoming an obsession instead of a hobby."

"We can do something else tomorrow, if you like." Draco reached out and trailed a thumb over Harry's jaw. "Maybe look at the books we have on the sacred 28. See if we can find out more about your family."

"Yea," Harry nodded. "I think I'd like that."

"Then that's what we'll do." Draco pulled Harry close, tucking him in against his side. "Honestly, I'm happy just spending time with you and I want to enjoy it as much as possible since we won't have as much time when we're back at school."

"Yea, and probably less than we think since we'll be testing for N.E.W.T.S. soon," Harry mumbled against Draco's neck.

"But once we're finished, we'll have however much time we'll need."

"I think I'd like that," Harry said sleepily as he cuddled closer to Draco.

Draco watched Harry as he drifted to sleep, pulling the covers up over them both. He had definitely grown accustomed to having Harry around all the time and he didn't think he'd ever grow tired of it. "I think I'd like that too."