Weapon of Choice Chapter 6

Draco woke to a rapid knocking on his door. "Yes. I'm up," he called out, trying to remember why he should be awake so early.

"Darling," his mother said as she poked her head around the door. "It's Christmas! Do get out of bed before you miss it entirely." Her gaze slid to Harry, who had rolled over while Draco was sitting up. Taking in their state of undress, she blushed, "I'll give you time to wake up." She was out the door before Draco could protest.

He groaned dramatically, laying back on his pillows. "I swear, I think she wants us to be sleeping together."

"We are sleeping together," Harry chuckled and hit him with a pillow. "Get up. Let's go open presents."

"You're no help at all, do you know that?" Draco growled. Grabbing Harry around the waist, he flopped him onto his back in the middle of the bed and rolled on top of him. "I already have what I wanted for Christmas," he said as he leaned in to kiss Harry. He was only able to get a brief peck on the lips before Harry pushed him up.

"You are incredibly cheesy," Harry laughed. "We had best get moving before your mother comes back."

"Fine," Draco huffed. He grinned as he stood, pulling Harry with him. He kept his pajama pants on and pulled a plain white tee shirt over his head before pulling on the jumper Mrs. Weasley had made him. He turned around to find Harry grinning at him, "What? It's warm."

"I didn't say anything," Harry said, still grinning as he pulled a shirt over his head. Draco rolled his eyes and found his slippers, taking Harry's hand as they left the room and headed to the drawing room to find his mother.

When they entered holding hands, she grinned up at them, "Do you want to open presents before we have breakfast?"

"Absolutely," Harry beamed at her when he saw that she was also wearing her jumper from Mrs. Weasley, pulling Draco to sit on the sofa nearest the tree.

She made neat stacks of gifts in front of them, Harry looking surprised at the size of his pile. "I suppose you'll want to open this one first," she said, handing Harry a slightly lumpy package that he recognized immediately. He opened it quickly, pulling a soft maroon sweater with a big yellow H out of the wrapping. He pulled it over his head and smiled. "I suppose you'll want to open the gifts from each other next?" she asked.

When they'd both agreed, she sat in front of the tree and passed them each two gifts. Harry had gotten Draco a box of the finest chocolates Honeydukes had in stock and a silver pocket watch with the Malfoy crest. When he opened it, his initials were engraved inside. "This is brilliant," he whispered and quickly kissed Harry on the cheek. "Thank you."

Harry opened his gifts next, getting a tin of treacle tart and a gold ring with a large P with detailed filigree work surrounding the letter. "It's the Potter family crest," Draco said, rubbing a finger over the ring. "I had to do some digging at Gringotts, but according to their records this is the closest to it they can get. One of the goblins remembered your grandfather and said it looks like the ring he wore..." He was cut off as Harry hugged him tightly.

"This is so much more than I expected," he mumbled into Draco's shoulder. When he pulled away, his eyes were slightly damp, but he was beaming from ear to ear. "I didn't even know that I had a family crest."

"You really don't know anything about your family do you," Narcissa said softly, placing her hand on Harry's knee. "Before you go back to school, I want to show you some books in the library. The Potter's are one of the oldest family's. We have books on all of the 28. I'm sure there's something in there." She squeezed his knee lightly, "Would you like to open the gifts from me now?"

She smiled lovingly as she watched Harry and Draco open treats, clothing, and books. She had even gotten Harry a new winter cloak. When he tried to say that it was all too much, she held up a delicate hand, "I've always loved doting on my son, but I wasn't fortunate enough to have more children to spoil so you would do me a great kindness in accepting these gifts."

Harry's grin spread across his face even further, "I suppose when you put it that way."

"It's your turn, mother," Draco said when they had finished opening all of the gifts from Narcissa.

Draco had gotten her several dresses and a hooded cloak along with some chocolates and other sweets. Harry, not really knowing what to get any woman that wasn't Hermione, had gotten her a long, silver hair pin that looked like a peacock feather and a simple, silver chain with an emerald. She immediately put the necklace on and swept her long hair up, securing it with the pin. "This is all so lovely!" she exclaimed. "Thank you both so much." She swept them both into a tight hug, squeezing them before letting them go.

They spent the remainder of the day eating too many sweets and listening to Narcissa play the piano. "This is so different from any Christmas I've ever had," Harry told Draco as they lay on the rug in front of the hearth, "But it's also one of the best I've ever had."

"This is definitely one of the best," Draco agreed as he stole a quick kiss.