Chapter Sixteen

Hudson

I'm sick and tired of not being able to do anything. Yesterday was one week since I got shot and the doctor said I can start moving about when I feel like it, but Amelia keeps babying me and Dave backs her up.

I'm thankful for them both, but they're on my nerves. The best part of my day is when they head back to the hotel they're staying at and I get my peace and quiet.

This evening, I'm scrolling through my own Instagram and missing tour. I always take a picture with the crowd and post it. I should be in Houston right now.

I sigh, backing off of my page and scrolling through the main feed. I don't follow many people; mostly people I knew before I was famous and a few friends I've made since.

One girl is the beach.

My friend is rock climbing.

Everyone is doing something except me.

I scroll to a new picture, but this one makes me do a double-take.

Ringing sounds in my ears as blood rushes to my head.

Josie being dipped down on a dance floor and kissed with a diamond on her left ring finger.

The guy is Trey. Fucking Trey.

I dart down to read the caption made by Atlanta Today: Congratulations to Trey Walters and Josaleigh Meadows who got engaged Saturday. We love seeing high school sweethearts stick together as adults. Best of luck you two!

I blink hard, thinking I must be going crazy.

But nope. It's still there when I reopen my eyes.

I grind my teeth.

The fuck?

That's why Josie is in Atlanta? For fucking Trey?

If I recall correctly, the man assaulted her. He treated her horribly.

Now she's marrying him?

I stand and begin pacing back and forth. I had Josie in the back of a limo barely even a week ago. She was planning to marry him the entire time?

I see red. Screw this.

When I go to her Instagram, there are no new updates. I click on Livi's and see her story was updated only thirty minutes ago.

Her and Josie at a club downtown. I've been there a million times.

Five minutes later I've thrown on proper clothes and have grabbed my car keys.

Josie doesn't have to be with me, but we have too much history for her to play me like that and use me for one last fling before she settles down. 

I slide behind the seat of my all blacked out Lamborghini Aventador—this was my first real splurge with my money, and she's a sexy car if I do say so myself—then I head to the bar.

I'm borderline psychotic right now. I shouldn't be tracking Josie down and demanding answers, but I sure am going to. I have nothing to lose at this point and things can't get much lower for me.

I throw on my baseball cap and sunglasses, even though its dark out, and head inside the club. I hope they're still here.

I scope out the scene, checking out the dance floor, the bar and the booths but not seeing her anywhere. I'm about to give up and go home when I see a mass of dark curls followed by a blonde.

Livi and Josie. They take a seat at booth and I make my way over.

When I get there, I say nothing but slide onto the leather seat beside Josie.