Chapter Seventeen

Josie

I blink my eyes open a bit confused as the events from last night trickle back into my mind. Hudson coming to the club I was at, me confessing my love, then later confessing everything. There's still so much we need to figure out but having it all in the air feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder.

His chest is pressed against my back as we lie on the couch. I guess we fell asleep here at some point, though I'm not sure the actual moment. We talked, laughed, cried and enjoyed being in each other's company without the weird tension between us. We didn't even have sex; we just kissed a couple times. Though I wouldn't mind another night to make up for all the physical stuff with him I've missed out on.

The earliest rays of sun are reaching through his floor-to-ceiling windows, and I start to ease myself up off the couch to make a coffee.

Before I even lift my shoulders, an arm snakes around me, holding me still.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"To make a coffee." I giggle, squirming against Hudson's firm grip. "Let me go."

"Never again, princess. If I have to handcuff you to me I will."

"Handcuffs could be fun."

"Don't fucking tempt me."

Hudson's grip tightens and his husky voice falls across my ear. My core tightens at the thought of being totally at his mercy, in handcuffs.

"I'm tempting you." I turn, facing him now. "Handcuff me, Hudson. I dare you."

"Oh, I will." Hudson leans in and brushes his lips against mine. "You don't know what you're asking for."

"I know exactly what I'm asking for."

"You don't." In a quick movement he's rolled on top of me, pinning me against the couch cushions. "We've might've had a fling in the limo but there's still a lot I want to do to you. Two years gave me a lot of time to think."

"So do them." I raise an eyebrow, daring him to make a move. I can't think of a better way to spend my day than to make up for lost time with Hudson.

Right as he leans down to kiss me, a knock sounds on the door.

"Who is that?"

Hudson sits back up, closing his eyes with a deep breath.

"Dave and Amelia." He throws his leg over the couch, coming to stand. "They insisted on coming back with me to make sure I was okay."

I run a hand over my wrinkled, slept-in clothes and fluff out my hair. I can't say I'm excited to see Amelia again.

From her point of view, I'm sure I look awful. She knows Hudson and I have a past. She knows we slept together in the limo. She knows he got shot and she knows I ran.

Things are not looking to be in my favor if I'm trying to win her over.

I can't say I want to be best friends with her. I mean, she's slept with the guy I love. Not that I can fault either of them for doing what consenting adults do. But I get the vibe Hudson was more than casual sex to her and here I am fucking it up for her yet again.

It's nothing directly against Amelia, but I can see how it might seem that way to her.

Here she is away from her family when she could be home, taking care of him instead of taking a break and she's about to see me standing here with messed up hair and rumpled clothing. I bet she thinks the universe hates her.

The only reason I don't pity her too much is because she made sure to make my life as miserable as possible on tour.

"I was thinking today we re-watch all the—" Dave stops mid-sentence as he rounds the corner of the entryway, coming into the living room to see me. "Well holy shit. Look who turned back up."