Some level of peace.....kinda

"Hmm....hmm....huh?"

Tanjiro was slowly opening and closing his eyes, clearly exhausted. He felt pretty heavy and incredibly sleepy. But at the same time he felt like he was in something, almost as if he was floating.

He groaned as he slowly sat up and put a hand on his forehead, feeling a bit light headed. Once he fully opened his eyes he felt pretty dizzy, not getting a full and correct view of the area he was in.

After a few seconds, his view wasn't getting better. So Tanjiro just decided to force it to get better.
"*slap* oh....that's better" he said to himself after slapping himself to get his eyes to work again. Surprisingly it worked

But what he saw just confused him even more. He saw an endless shallow lake, as deep as 2 feet. It was night and the moon was glowing bright, brighter then the small stars behind them. It was a pretty beautifully sight.

It was dark but not too dark. The weird thing was that even though he was inside the water he didn't feel wet or anything. Not even his clothes had a drop of water on them. Somehow, he still felt the weight of the water on his body that was somewhat submerged.

"Huh? What is this place?......how did I even get here? And what's up with the water?" He asked himself as he dipped his fingers in the water again and again just to not feel anything but air.

He took a sniff but only smelled water and the blood on his ripped cloths. He looked at himself in the reflection of the water, and saw that he looked mostly fine. Besides the ripped and bloody clothes
He also saw some not so bad injuries on his abdomen, side, and a bit on his chest. But they look as if they've been somewhat cured.....somewhat

'This place is....beautiful. But how did I even get here? What exactly is this place anyway?' He thought, asking himself about this new mysterious place. He decided to relax for a bit since he felt pretty tired and looked at the beautiful full moon. It was pretty peaceful

That was until a new scent hit tanjiros nose. A familiar scent....too familiar. Tanjiros eyes widened in complete shock as his mouth dropped.
'This scent.....but....how?' He asked himself as he stood up

Without a second thought he started to run towards the scent, stumbling every now and then because of shock. 'There's no way....'

He started to get closer and closer to the scent. The scent he hasn't smelled in over two years. The more he ran, the more the silhouette of a familiar girl became clearer and clearer in the distance.
'Is it actually you?'

'Nezuko?'

A large smile formed on his face as he got closer and closer. However, he started to slow down when he noticed she was looking down. The smell of sadness and worry came off of her.

'Why?' He wondered as he stopped infront of her, worried for her(clearly seen on his face). "Nezuko.....?" He said in a quite voice, slowly outstretching his arm towards her

*SLAP*

Faster then he could possibly comprehend, nezuko slapped the living f*ck out of him. Tanjiros head was sent straight to the right, staring into the ground in complete shock.

The scent of worry was replaced with anger. Tanjiro slowly turned his head back towards nezuko, still shocked, and saw her hands turning into fists while she was shaking/trembling.

"Nezuko......" he whispered, a hand on his cheek and a worried expression on him. Nezuko finally looked forwards at Tanjiro with an angry and sad expression. Weird thing was she has human features

"Why.......why did you join them?" She asked with somewhat of an angry voice. "Huh? What...what do you mean?" Tanjiro asked

"Why did you join the demon slayers?!" She yelled. Tanjiro was beyond confused at this point. Was she mad he killed her? Why was she mad he joined the demon slayer corps?