Mount Natagumo

'Why didn't they send a pillar yet?' Tanjiro thought as he ran towards inosuke's scent. His face mask covered his worried expression for his 'friend'.

Its been around three weeks after the shape shifting demon fight. He's recovered pretty fast and he trained every single day so that another 'Obake' incident wouldn't happen again.

He's honestly been trying(a bit desperately) to see what's wrong with him but he just can't find out(key word he). Either way Thor has been keeping him some company and the one brain cell gang(Rengoku, Uzui, and Mitsuri and yes I legit just made that up) has been sending him letters. Their crows always arrive tired

Once the doctors said he was better Thor gave him an urgent mission where tons of 'low ranked' demon slayers have been dying and disappearing. He arrived there as fast as he could and the mountain honestly gave him chills. One of the worst parts is that sometimes the wind and awful smell of the mountain would, in a way, block or hinder his nose.

He ran through the mountain with foot steps quite as a leaf. He quickly found out that some demon slayers, dead or alive, were being controlled by webs.

He got passed them and tried to sense the demon responsible but instead sensed/smelled inosuke nearby as well as a demon. Which is where we are now

Tanjiro finally reached the destination and saw inosuke trying to fight what appeared to be a pretty big headless demon. He stopped in shock but then started to better look and analyze the scene that was infront of him.

'The demon seems as if it's being controlled by those very webs. Which means it has no control over itself. Since it has no head it needs to be cut diagonally from the shoulder to the hip. Wait...how is it even headless? If it has no control over itself does that mean it's already dead?' He thought, his face being of determination but slowly turning into confusion towards the end.

However, he pushed his thoughts aside and leaped into the air. Inosuke was keeping the demon distracted, but Tanjiro didn't know if the guy knew he was there or not. His Katana engulfed in flames for the first time in weeks.

'Flame breathing 3rd form blazing universe'

With a sneak(or surprise?) attack, Tanjiro cut through his right shoulder to his left hip like butter

With a sneak(or surprise?) attack, Tanjiro cut through his right shoulder to his left hip like butter. He landed on the floor crouching.he soon got up and swung his sword side to side to clean it from the blood before sheathing it. He looked towards inosuke who appeared to have bubbles around him.

He caught the scent of happiness coming from inosuke. 'Is he happy to see me?' He thought, slowly forming a large smile under his face mask. "Hey inosuke. Long time no see huh?" He greeted as he walked closer

Inosuke however just didn't say anything and instead just walked closer. Tanjiro smiled widely, thinking it was going to be a friendly greeting like a hug or something.

Yeah no this is inosuke we're talking about

He went behind Tanjiro, grabbed him by the waist, and yelled "ANYTHING YOU CAN DO I CAN DO BETTER!!!" And threw him high up into the sky, making Tanjiro yell in shock.