Rehabilitation training

"So, you're a Kinoe now?" Tengen asked, staring at the rank on Tanjiros hand.
"Yep! If I kill 50 demons or one of the 12 kizuki, Ubuyashiki-sama told me that he might make another exception and make me a pillar."
Tanjiro told him, making Tengen widen his eyes.
"Really? Flamboyant! Jeez you grew so fast.
Oh, and you're almost fully recovered, right?"

It's only been two days since he woke up and he's almost fully healed. Uzui Tengen, the most flamboyant man- oh, wait, sorry - god decided to visit him.

"Yep! Shinobu-San called it unworldly and said I was weird because of it, hehe." Tanjiro responded, recalling the look on her face when she found the mostly healed wounds on his body.

"Weird though? If anything, that's special. The only weird thing here is her height and how she's able to beat all our asses with that."
"Hey! Nothings wrong with her height!"

Uzui laughed, the smirk on his face already telling Tanjiro of the teasing and bullshittery he's about to sprout.

"Y'know, I'm kinda excited at the fact that you're staying here for a while." He said, making Tanjiro raise a brow.
"Why?" He asked. The moment he saw that smirk widen was when he knew he shouldn't have asked.

"Because now you'll have an easier time choosing a wife!" He answered loudly.
Tanjiro immediately groaned, putting his hands over his face, making Uzui laugh once again.

"Really? Here? There are other patients here! Can't we talk about that later?" He asked, trying so desperately to try and stop the topic, embarrassed. Uzui smiled widely, and he could swear he saw his smile glint. "Nope! Now's the perfect chance! You're trapped with nothing to do and everyone else will stay quite, as long as they know what's good for them!" He answered excitedly. Tanjiro could only sigh as he brought his hands down, avoiding Tengens gaze,

"So, you have anyone in your thoughts yet?"
The question made Tanjiro look back up at him. "Of course not!" He quickly responded.
Tengen looked at him curiously.
"Really? Come on man. You gotta pick soon."

Tanjiro sighed, a tiny bit annoyed.
"How can I pick if I don't; actually, can't bond with anyone. I'm too busy slaying demons and saving lives! I don't have time to wed some girl I just met." He reasoned, doing some hand gestures as he explained. Uzui just huffed.
"Alright then, what about any demon slayers? You see plenty of those."

Tanjiro brought his arms up and stared at Uzui in some sort of desperation.
"I already told you, I don't have the time! Besides, there aren't many female demon slayers! I've rarely met any-"
However, he froze as an image popped up in his head.

The image of two beautiful butterflies entering his room. One with a large smile and another with a usual frown.

He slowly brought his hand down, and just stared ahead in a daze. Uzui stared at the man in confusion. "Huh? Tanjiro?" He called out, waving at his face.

Tanjiro broke out of this trance and stared at him, confused. "Huh? Oh...oh yeah! Uhm...yeah, I don't have anyone in mind. And I don't think I'll have any anytime soon." He quickly continued, looking down and avoiding Tengens gaze, praying that he wouldn't say anything else.

Uzui grew an amused smile.
"Oh? Really? Well, what about the inhabitants of this place?"
And with that, Tanjiro blanched.

"Uhm......what about them?" He asked.
"What do you think of them? Like, what do you think of the blue pin one?"

Tanjiro stared at him cautiously.
"She's strict but cares for us. Shes nice to be around. Why?"
"Doesn't matter. What about the one with the white haori?"
"Oh, Tsuyuri-San? I can't say a lot about her since I haven't talked to her since the final selection."
"Mhm, bummer. The flower pillar?"