Surprise..?

"Hey, sister, is someone else here?" Shinobu asked Kanae, looking around. Kanae, who was laying down on the floor, bored, perked her head up. "I don't think so. Why do you ask?" She asked.

Shinobu turned her head, looking around the room. "I smell something disgusting."

"HEY! DISGUSTING? I SHOWER EVERY DAY!"
"AH!"

Shinobu jumped as the white haired ape-I mean, Tengen appeared out of the shadows with tic marks all over his face. Kanae laughed while Shinobu grew an angry smile.

"Why the hell are you even here? Are you spying on us? What a fucking pervert~! How would your wives react?" She said in a strained calm voice. Tengen started to grow red in anger.
"I WASN'T FUCKING SPYING! I WAS MAKING SURE NO ONE ELSE WAS AROUND!"

Kanae looked at him curiously. "Why can't anyone be around?" She asked.
"That's because we want to make a request!!!" A loud booming voice said, making Shinobu jump once again. Kanae looked towards the door and saw the mighty flame owl at the door with his arms crossed and his usual smile.
"Ah, Rengoku-san, it's nice to see you!" Kanae greeted.

Shinobu was greatly annoyed.
'Why are these damn animals showing up out of no where?'

"It's nice to see you as well! But back to our request!" He greeted before walking next to Tengen, who was taking breaths to calm down.
"And what is this request?" She asked.

"You see! Today is a spectacular day! Todays the day one goes into adult hood!" He answered, leaving Kanae with more questions. She clearly showed her confusion with a head tilt, which made Uzui sigh at Rengoku. "He means that it's Tanjiro's birthday today."

At this, the kocho sisters perked up.
"Really?! How great!" Kanae shouted enthusiastically. "How come he hasn't told anyone? Or even acknowledge it?" Shinobu asked as she moved next to her sister.

"That's because the idiot forgot about it. He's been too busy and stuff. Either way he wouldn't make a big deal out of it. Which leads us to our request." He answered, before they both put down their head and did a 90 degree bow, which greatly confused Kanae and made Shinobu cringe.

"Can we please do his birthday at the butterfly estate?/MAY WE PLEASE CELEBRATE HIS BIRTHDAY HERE?" They asked, making Kanae shine. "Of course! What do you guys have planned?" This made Rengoku jump up and smile brightly. "You see, we're planning on..."

"Why the bow?" She asked Tengen while the other two were discussing everything.
"The butterfly estate is a hospital so there are patients who need to recover here. We can't take Tanjiro to our estates because you guys still need to take care of him. So we planned on doing it here." He answered, making Shinobu nod.

"Alright, but please never bow to me again. Please." She begged, making Tengen confused. "Uhm...ok...but...why..? I mean, considering who you are, I'm pretty sure you'd want people bowing to you..."

"I don't want an ape bowing down to me."
"You fucking insect!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Hey Tanjiro-kun~" Kanae greeted, making Tanjiro stop swing a fake sword and look her way. "Hey Kanae-San! Do you need me for something?" He asked, tapping his nose.
"Yes! May you please go to the village nearby and look for these supplies? We're currently running low on these." She explained, giving Tanjiro a small list.

Tanjiro quickly read the list and nodded.
"Yeah, alright. But can I take someone with me?" He asked, making Kanae nod. "Of course you can, but who do you want to take?" She asked.

Tanjiro quietly chuckled before putting his hand next to his mouth in a calling motion.
"Kanao~, can you please come here?" He gently called out, making Kanae raise an eyebrow in confusion.