Chapter 2

****** THIS CHAPTER TAKES PLACE DURING THE S6 TIME PERIOD ******

Twilight took a very long pause before answering Starlight's question. Her mind was spinning.

A crush? On Pinkie? "She has to be joking." thought Twilight.

"Me? Have a crush on Pinkie? Starlight, that's ridiculous! Why would you even think that?"

"Hey, you don't need to get so defensive about it. But you do seem pretty into her. The second her name is mentioned you're immediately blushing. You know there's nothing with being gay, right?"

"Yeah, for you maybe..." Twilight said under her breath.

"What did you sa-"

"Nothing!" Twilight said, cutting Starlight off before she could even finish.

"Goodnight!"

Starlight rolled her eyes.

"Goodnight Twilight."

Starlight shut the door and headed toward her bedroom to see Trixie peering through her window, then falling with a loud thud. Starlight opened the window in both worry and curiosity.

"Trixie! What are you doing here? And what's with the umm, peering in my window..."

Trixie sighed.

"Well if you must know, the great and powerful Trixie was TRYING to surprise her girlfriend with a new trick: turning any object into flowers! But just when I got it right I accidentally turned my ladder into flowers and well...Trixie has no flowers now!" Trixie said, blushing from embarrassment.

"Trixie!" Starlight said, giggling. The two of them continued laughing for a while.

Twilight wondrously wandered the empty halls of her castle when she heard the noise. When she pushed the door open a bit, she could see Starlight and Trixie still giggling on the floor. Twilight smiled.

It had been about a month since Starlight and Trixie had confirmed their relationship, and Twilight could never get over how cute they were together.

Twilight was so envious of what they had. She wanted that. And she thought about it a lot.

But who could possibly ever love her that much? But also, who did SHE love that much?

Her mind went straight to Pinkie.

Could Starlight be right? Could Twilight be falling for Pinkie and just not want to admit it?

"That's ridiculous. You don't even like girls." Twilight told herself.

She went back to her room, got into bed, closed her eyes, and tried her best to fall asleep. But her mind was still wide awake. What Starlight said was now replaying in her head over and over and over.

Meanwhile, at Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie went to her room and picked up her journal right away to write a new entry.

Dear Journal,

Guess who it is? Applejack? Rarity? JUST JOKING it's Pinkie again! It's a Sunday, and as you know I LOVE Sundays! And not just the delicious dessert! As you know, Twilight and I bake the weekly treats for the shop together every Sunday! And today was extra special! I gave her the special chef hat I had Rarity help me make for us to have matching! She seemed to have really liked it. But I still haven't admitted my feelings to her. The thing I'm most scared of is what if she doesn't feel the same? What if when she doesn't feel the same, she doesn't wanna be friends anymore? I don't know. I haven't told any of my friends about it yet, But maybe I should. AJ or Dashie could probably be helpful. I mean HELLO they are SO in love with each other. Plus, I've always kinda wondered who confessed to who first...Anyway, I gotta go feed gummy! I'll give an update soon! See ya!

-Pinkie

Pinkie closed her journal with her hoof and headed for the kitchen to feed Gummy. As she poured his food into a bowl she started talking to him as she usually did, even if he wouldn't ever respond.

"I don't know Gummy, do you think there's a chance she might like me? Oh I really hope she does." She said, as she grabbed a bowl with her hoof, and started filling it with water for Gummy.

"Whew! I am exhausted! Baking sure is fun but it'll always make me super tired. Goodnight Gummy!" Pinkie shouted as she headed back upstairs for a goodnight's sleep.

Before closing her eyes, she looked at her chef hat sitting on her side table and automatically smiled. She hoped she could admit how she felt soon. It had been eating her alive lately. And she had felt this way for Twilight for years. Pinkie wasn't usually one to keep her feelings hidden for this long, especially with her friends. But she kept thinking about how it could go wrong, and it always stopped her from telling Twilight how she felt. And now she was a princess, which made Pinkie feel a slight insecurity on if she was even good enough for royalty. Sure, Twilight was never one to think she was ever better than anypony else simply because of her royal status, but what would others think? Pinkie finally put her thoughts on pause and managed to fall asleep.