Chapter 9

Twilight was feeling extremely nervous for today's baking session with Pinkie. Now that there might be a possibility Pinkie liked her back or that she'd picked up on her feelings, she was an awkward mess around Pinkie. She looked herself in the mirror before heading out the door.

"It'll be fine. Just have to get through the day without acting weird. Ugh, I'm already doing it!" She put her hoof on her head in frustration. She kept trying to calm herself, and before she knew it, she was there. Pinkie was outside waiting to greet her at the door.

"Hey Pinkie! How are you today?" Twilight said, trying to sound neutral.

"I'm great! I'm super duper excited to bake with you! How are you, Twi?"

Twilight blushed a bit. "I'm ok. I can't wait to see what ideas you have for today!"

Pinkie's face went blank. "Just ok, huh? Is everything alright? We can talk about it if you need to."

Twilight froze. "No really I'm fine," she said, unconvincingly. It was funny to her how the one who wanted to help her was the reason she felt this way.

The two of them enjoyed today's hours of baking, but both knew it was more awkward than before. The room was silent for a minute before Pinkie thought of a subject to bring up.

"AJ, Rainbow, Fluttershy, and Rarity and I were talking yesterday. They thought we should all have dinner together sometime soon. Doesn't that sound fun?"

Twilight looked up. "That sounds like a great idea! We haven't all gotten together for dinner in so long. What about at the castle tomorrow night?"

"Sounds good!" Said Pinkie. Hopefully, they're all free! We could even make a special dessert for the occasion!"

"Great idea, Pinkie! I have a few recipes in mind that we could try out."

The two went on from there feeling much calmer. They spent the next few hours chatting about what they could have at the dinner while trying out the new recipes Twilight brought. They were ready to taste test the newest one fresh out of the oven which was lemon tarts. Unfortunately, they had gotten distracted with chatting that they forgot to check on the tarts on time, making them explode in the pan. Even the crusts were covered in sticky lemon filling. Pinkie always let Twilight taste test first, but Twilight was hesitant.

"They're so sticky! That looks like it'll be stuck on anything it touches." Twilight said, giggling a bit.

"Oh come on, it's just a little sticky! Here." Pinkie grabbed a piece of the sticky concoction and put it in front of Twilight so she could take a bite.

Twilight spoke after she was done chewing. "Uhhh that was...interesting? That lemon is so strong!"

"Oh come on, it can't be that bad!" Pinkie said as she reached for one of the tarts. Her face went blank when she tasted the filling. "Ok ok, I take it back! It's pretty bad!"

Pinkie and Twilight giggled at their mess of a dessert for a good minute. Twilight finally spoke when she was able to stop her laughter.

"Those belong in the trash, that's for sure!"

"I dunno. Maybe you'd like another taste first!" Pinkie said jokingly, as she grabbed another tart and tried to force Twilight to take a bite. The two began laughing again as Twilight let out a few words in between.

"Pinkie! Stop! It's so gross!" Twilight said, running out of air from her laughter. Pinkie tossed the tart in the trash.

"Fine! But its sourness will always haunt you, your highness!" Pinkie joked as she fell to the floor laughing.

Twilight loved when Pinkie made jokes involving her royal title. They both finally were able to stop laughing as they each grabbed a tray and dumped them into the nearby trash can. Before they knew it, it was a few minutes past midnight, which was time for Twilight to head home. The two of them sleepily chatted as they finished cleaning up, and Pinkie made sure to get in a big hug before the alicorn headed for the door.

"See ya tomorrow, Twi! I'll be sure to be early so I can help cook like we planned!"

"Sounds great! Bye Pinkie!"

Twilight smiled as she shut the door, blushing at the sound of her favorite nickname once again. She adored Pinkie so much. She could hardly wait for that dinner tomorrow. Just cooking with Pinkie was gonna be a blast. She walked through the front door to see Starlight walking her way.

"Hey, Twilight! Finally back, huh? How did today's session go?"

Twilight giggled. "Well, it started off a little hectic. I was being super awkward at first given what happened last time we were together. But eventually, it felt just like normal."

"Oh great! So what new treats did you two come up with this time?" Starlight said, with anticipation.

"Not much, mainly just regulars today. We did try this new lemon tart recipe though. They were terrible!" Twilight laughed at the memory. "Speaking of food, we're having a dinner party here with the others tomorrow. Will you and Trixie join us?"

"You know it! Trix is gonna be super excited! She loves being included in this kind of stuff."

The two continued to talk for a few minutes, before both saying goodnight and heading to their rooms. Twilight shut her eyes as she excitedly awaited what the next day would bring.