Chapter 11

Pinkie finally broke the silence.

"Y- You do? You mean it?"

"Is that bad? I'm sorry. I ruined everything. I never should've told you. Now you're gonna hate me."

"What? No way! Twilight...I like you too."

Twilight couldn't believe what she was hearing. "You mean, the feeling is mutual?"

Pinkie giggled. "I guess so!"

Twilight looked very disoriented. "How long have you felt this way?"

"If I'm being honest, years. I never thought I'd be telling you. I thought there was no way you'd like me back!"

Twilight looked upset by Pinkie's doubt. "Oh Pinkie, why would you ever think that? If anything, I'm not good enough for you!"

Pinkie gasped. "You? The amazing Princess of Friendship? I'm pretty sure you could do better than me. There are tons of ponies that would be more fit for a princess.

"Pinkie, you know I'd never think like that! Sometimes I even forget I'm supposed to be royalty. But never would my status change how I feel about you!"

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just a weird little fear I always had. I guess it was all the anxiety I felt about even thinking about telling you how I've been feeling."

"I can relate to that. Even if I only recently realized what my feelings meant, I think I've known for a while. I think the possibility was just too much for me to accept on my own."

Pinkie grabbed Twilight's hoof and locked her eyes with Twilight's. "Well, you aren't alone now."

They both smiled as they stared endlessly into each other's eyes. Knowing their feelings weren't one-sided lifted a huge weight off of both their shoulders. Twilight broke their silence after a good minute of staring at each other.

"Pinkie, you're the most amazing pony I've ever met." Twilight then put her hooves around Pinkie and gave her a big hug. This made Pinkie tear up a bit, since she never thought those words would come out of Twilight's mouth.

Pinkie wrapped her hooves around Twilight in return. "Aw Twilight, don't even get me started on you. I can't even explain how amazing you are!" Pinkie held Twilight even tighter.

When they finally released each other from their hug, they locked eyes once again. Twilight looked deep into Pinkie's blue eyes and thought one thing. "I want to kiss her." So she did.

Twilight and Pinkie both slowly leaned in before they both gave each other a quick kiss. Twilight had never felt so happy before. Sure, her friends made her life much better than it was. But admitting how she felt and getting to actually experience what it's like to be in love brought her to a new level of happiness. After their kiss, they snapped back into reality.

"Oh gosh, the dinner. We better head back out there. They're probably waiting for us." Twilight said, starting to sound a bit stressed.

"It'll be alright. Let's go then!" Pinkie said as she hopped off the bed and near the doorway. But she soon stopped in her tracks when Twilight said her name.

"Pinkie, wait."

Pinkie looked back with a wondrous smile.

"So are we like, I don't know...together?"

"I guess we are! Now come on, I can't show up to dinner without my new girlfriend can I?"

Twilight giggled and ran to Pinkie's side. But as they approached the hallway where the dining hall was, Twilight looked hesitant.

"Something wrong, Twi?"

"I don't know, I guess I'm just worried they won't approve of us dating or something. What if our friends don't think we're a good match?"

"Then they wouldn't be our friends, silly! But that wouldn't happen anyway. They all already know how I feel about you."

"Well that's reassurin- wait WHAT? When- how???"

"Let's just say I needed their advice." Pinkie said, giggling.

"Alright, I guess you're getting away with this for now. But I want the full story later!" Twilight said, laughing as she felt much more assured as they walked into the dining hall.

Pinkie and Twilight then explained what had just happened, meaning Pinkie said almost everything. Twilight wanted to say more, but she was still so new to all this. She still felt super awkward even saying the word "girlfriend" at all. But with Pinkie's hoof in hers under the table, she was able to say a bit about how she had been feeling."

"Starlight picked up on it before even I did." Twilight said, with a smile in Starlight's direction. "She's the reason I was able to even realize I had feelings for Pinkie."

"Well, I guess we weren't the only ones helping to get these two together." Applejack said, looking in Rainbow's direction, which made her laugh.

"Yeah...let's just say we gave Pinkie a word of advice or two. But it was mostly Rarity."

Rarity gave a delicate laugh, which made Fluttershy smile. "Why, yes! And I'm so glad we were able to help you two." Rarity then looked at Twilight to see how pale she'd become. "Twilight darling, are you feeling alright? You look terribly pale."

Twilight took a deep breath, trying to be as honest as possible. "Yeah, it's just a lot for me. I never thought I'd be with a girl, never mind it being Pinkie. It's amazing and great but also super overwhelming. But I'm excited to see where this all takes us."

"So am I" Pinkie whispered into Twilight's ear. Twilight giggled as she looked in Pinkie's direction.

When the dinner was over, Pinkie and Twilight were the only ones remaining as they cleaned up Pinkie's decorations. While levitating a banner from the wall, Twilight decided to get a new conversation going.

"Hey Pinkie?"

"Yes, princess?"

Twilight giggled. "I wanted to ask you something."

"Oh yeah? And what's that?"

"Would you maybe wanna, you know...go out? On like a real date?"

Pinkie beamed at this question. "Hmmm, I don't know."

Twilight's face went blank. "Really? I thought you said you liked me."

Pinkie continued her joke, being more obvious she was joking this time. "Well, I'm just not that easy, your highness. I wanna ask YOU out!"

Twilight smiled, now realizing her girlfriend was messing with her. "Alright then, get on with it, cutie. Before I go for someone else!" Twilight couldn't help but laugh at her own bad joke.

Pinkie put a blindfold over Twilight's eyes. "Pinkie? What are you doing?"

Pinkie continued to run around the room, doing something Twilight couldn't see. "One second, andddd done! You can look now!"

Twilight opened her eyes to Pinkie holding a cake that read "Wanna go out with me?" in blue icing, with two little outlines of ponies kissing, one pink and one purple. Twilight was shocked by how fast she was able to pull this together.

"You did that all in what, five seconds? Where'd you get the cake?" Twilight said, pointing her hoof at the newly decorated masterpiece.

"I always keep backup cakes on hand! You never know when you're gonna need it! Soooo....what's your answer?"

Twilight laughed. "I'll go out with you. But only because you're way of asking was WAYYYY better than mine. I'm gonna need to step up my game for our next date."

The two giggled before discussing ideas on what they could do together for their first date. They were both full of such creative ideas, but they both agreed this needed to be extra special. They decided on watching the stars tomorrow night. Pinkie returned home with a smile on her face bigger than any smile she'd ever had. She couldn't believe her crush for the longest time felt the same for her. Both ponies drifted off to sleep in their beds thinking about each other, excited for their first official date.