Chapter 4

****** THIS CHAPTER TAKES PLACE DURING THE S6 TIME PERIOD ******

The three ponies gasped at Pinkie's words. They couldn't believe what they were hearing.

"Twilight?!? Seriously?!? That's awesome!!! How long has this been going on? Does she like you back? Have you told her yet? I have SO many questio-" Rainbow said before her voice was muffled by Applejack's hoof. She looked to the side to see AJ glaring at her.

"Quit it Dash! Your gonna make her nervous!" Said Applejack, as she removed her hoof from Rainbow's mouth.

"Aww Pinkie! You two would make the most adorable couple! Does she know yet? Oh and she likes you back right?" Said Rarity, smiling in excitement.

Pinkie sighed. "The thing is...I've never talked about it with her. I'm not even sure if she likes me. What if she doesn't even like girls?"

"Oh darling, you must not be so negative! You simply need some help seeing if she's interested! You two already spend every Sunday together, don't you? She obviously enjoys your company more than most ponies. Maybe there's more to it than you think."

"You're right! I guess maybe it is possible she likes me back! AJ? Dashie? What do you two think? I mean, how did you two know you liked each other anyway?" Said Pinkie, feeling a bit more reassured.

Rainbow and AJ looked at each other with an awkward smile and blushed.

"I'd rather not say what happened. It's kind of ummm...embarassing? We were wayyyy too sappy about it. It was very unlike us." Said Rainbow.

"I completely agree. What I will say is that it all just kind of fell into place perfectly. And even if it was pretty awkward at first, I'd say we ended up pretty happy in the end. So I'd say just give it time, Pinkie. You'll know when the time is right." Said Applejack.

Pinkie smiled. "Thanks, girls. This was all really helpful! In fact, I'm gonna go see what she's up to. Maybe I'll be able to tell more clearly with all your advice!"

"Good luck darling!"

"Let us know how it goes!"

"Y'all have fun!"

Pinkie waved back at her friends and hopped away toward town which was where Twilight's castle was. As she walked she felt herself getting a bit nervous, which she always felt when she was about to see Twilight. As she walked up the steps and got to the castle door, she tried her best to calm her nerves before opening the door. Not just anypony was allowed to come and go from the castle as they pleased, but Pinkie and the rest of Twilight's friends were always an exception. She took a deep breath and walked in to see Starlight coming her way.

"Hey, Starlight! Whatcha doin?" Said Pinkie in curiosity.

"Hey, Pinkie! I'm just headed out to see Trixie. You're here to see Twilight right?"

"Yup! Is she around?"

"Oh yeah. She's just reading in the library. I'm sure she'd love to see you!"

"Great, thanks!" Said Pinkie as she hopped toward the library.

"That was adorable!" Starlight said under her breath, giggling. She could definitely tell her suspicions of Twilight's crush on Pinkie were most likely true now, especially since the feeling seemed mutual for Pinkie.

Pinkie pushed the library door open to see Twilight in a chair, with her head fast asleep on an open book. Pinkie blushed a little bit. She thought she looked so adorable. She walked up to Twilight and gently tapped her shoulder with her hoof, hoping to wake her up.

"Twi?"

"Huh!?!?" Twilight said in a confused, tired voice as she jumped in shock. "Oh, Pinkie! It's you! When did you get here?" Twilight said, quickly becoming more alert with a big smile when she realized it was Pinkie. She began to blush a bit, partly in embarrassment and partly because she just absolutely adored her.

"Heya Twilight! I just got here to say hi. And I wanted to see if you maybe wanted to...have lunch together?" Pinkie said, nervously looking away from Twilight. Pinkie's question made Twilight's face completely red. She didn't know if Pinkie meant it to sound so romantic, but to her, it sounded like a date.

"Uhhh sure! Lemme just...get my...saddlebag! Yes! That's what I need...Right now...To go with you...Be right back!" Twilight said, very nervously as she ran to her room to grab her saddlebag. Even if she didn't really need it, she needed a moment to herself. Pinkie couldn't see her like this. Sure she always had her freakouts but over A GIRL? Twilight was even shocking herself with how nervous this made her.

"Calm down...Calm down..." Twilight said to herself after she shut her bedroom door while hyperventilating. "It's just lunch with a friend. You're just friends! She didn't mean for it to sound like a date right? I mean that would be ridiculous!" She levitated her saddlebag onto her back and looked at herself in the mirror. She took a deep breath and opened the door to go find Pinkie. She felt a feeling of nervous excitement, and she couldn't understand why. She took another deep breath before walking into the library.

"Let's go Pinkie! Where did you wanna eat?"