Chapter 16

"Goodnight, everypony!! We need to do this again soon!!" Twilight said, as she closed the front door.

The game night had been a success, ending with Rainbow Dash and Applejack being tied, of course. They kept insisting they needed a tie breaker, but it was getting late, so they finally convinced the two that it was time to give it a rest and settle their winner another night.

Twilight let out a sigh, forgetting Pinkie was right behind her, she jumped at the sight of the pink pony, realizing she hadn't sent her home yet. They had agreed to spend some time together alone before calling it a night. But Pinkie already could tell something was off. Twilight looked beyond tired. She could tell the princess wouldn't last long.

The two went in the library, then Twilight went to the kitchen and returned with two mugs. One with green tea for herself, and one with hot chocolate, of course for Pinkie.

Pinkie smiled as she took a sip, then spoke. "Thank you, cutie."

Twilight blushed. "Anything for you." She took a sip from her mug. "So, anything new?"

"Not much I haven't told you about." Pinkie could see Twilight's eyes, looking barely able to stay open. "You know, we could go to your room if you want. You seem really tired."

Twilight jumped. Pinkie had noticed. She'd failed to hide her exhaustion. This made her angry with herself, but that was something she'd have to deal with when she was alone again. For now, Pinkie was worried, to avoid further questions, she decided to just agree. They went to her room, where Twilight noticed Pinkie pulling up a chair from the dining room. This made Twilight laugh. She knew it was Pinkie trying to respect boundaries they hadn't had a chance to set yet, so she was just being cautious. Twilight made sure to reassure her that she was more than welcome to come join her.

"Pinkie, you can come in my bed if you want. I really don't mind."

Pinkie's eyes got wide. "I can?? WOOHOO!! I am FREEZING!!" Pinkie said, as she jumped into the bed as quick as can be, all in a very Pinkie fashion.

Twilight couldn't help but laugh. But her tone soon shifted.

"I'm really sorry I'm so tired. It won't happen again."

Pinkie looked confused "Why are you apologizing? I'd never be upset with you for being tired!!"

Twilight looked up at her, giving complete eye contact. "Really?"

Pinkie still seemed a little lost. "Of course!! Why? Has anyone ever been mad at you for something like that?"

Twilight shut down, remembering her parents. She didn't wanna talk about this anymore. "No, it's fine, Nevermind. Did you enjoy tonight?"

Pinkie seemed a bit caught off guard at Twilight being so dismissive on the other topic, but she quickly moved on like Twilight wanted. "Oh yeah! It was super fun!! I especially loved playing Twister. That game is FUNKY!!"

Twilight giggled. "You said it. Rainbow and AJ will really do ANYTHING to win, huh?"

"I guess so!!"

They laid there in silence for a few minutes, with Pinkie finally deciding to say something.

"I'm getting pretty tired too, actually. Do you want me to leave? Or is it ok if I stay?"

Twilight's thoughts were fighting against eachother. On one note, she'd love for Pinkie to stay over. But on another note, she was scared Pinkie might catch her in the middle of a nightmare, which could really worry her. As she kept thinking with a concerned expression, Pinkie spoke again.

"Twi? It's ok if you want me to go..."

Twilight jumped up. She knew she had to say yes. Pinkie would know something was up if she didn't.

"No! I'm sorry, I was thinking about something else. I'd love for you to stay."

The two snuggled in, Pinkie holding Twilight in her hooves, as they got comfortable.

"Goodnight, my princess."

"Goodnight, my love."

Pinkie soon drifted off to sleep, But Twilight was afraid of the night she had ahead of her.