Chapter 8

The book began to glow, signaling a response from Sunset Shimmer. Twilight opened the book to read what she would have to say.

Dear Princess Twilight,

Long time no see! I hope you come to visit again soon. We've been doing great over here. Mainly just preparing for our next music gig this weekend. We all love being in a band, and doing it with each other makes it even better! As for my relationship, me and Twilight have been doing really well. We're at that stage where we both wanna say "I love you", but are both too nervous to actually do it. But i'll probably end up blurting it out eventually. But anyway, that's so awesome that you like Pinkie! If Starlight says she likes you back, I'd take her word for it. But if it's advice you need, I can try my best. What i've found is although confessing how you feel can be really scary, revealing your true feelings will make you feel much better, whether she likes you back or not. Although you wanna be sure you are ready, just know it's still gonna make you a bit nervous. And that's ok! Just try to be your most authentic self and if it's meant to be, it'll work out. Say hi to your friends for me, and give Starlight my best!

Your friend,

Sunset Shimmer

Twilight took a breath of relief as she looked over the words again. Sunset was right. If Twilight just acted normal things would play themselves out. I mean, after all, Pinkie liked her for who she was. She never would want Twilight to feel uncomfortable or pressured to say anything when she wasn't ready. Twilight closed her eyes and dozed off into a deep sleep.

Pinkie was in her bed at home, replaying what had happened just a few hours ago in her head. She sensed her question had been a bit too straight forward, and made Twilight freak out as result. Different ideas of what Twilight was thinking ran through her busy mind.

"Do you think she picked up on why I asked that? What if she does like me back? Or...what if she doesn't?" Pinkie said the last sentence with a voice of uncertainty.

Whether Twilight knew or not,  Pinkie wanted to update her friends on what had happened. She planned to pay the four ponies a visit in the morning so they could talk about what she should do next. She grabbed a stuffed animal from beside her and fell fast asleep.

The next morning, Pinkie told Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy to meet her at Sugarcube corner. When they arrived, Rarity insisted they go to the spa instead. The five ponies sat in the steam room in their robes as Pinkie shared yesterday's events.

"Wow! You took her on a date already??? That's pretty out there, Pinkie." Rainbow said as she pretended to not like being in the steam.

"Oh please, Rainbow. I think that's adorable darling." Rarity said, looking in Pinkie's direction. "So you two had a bit of a moment?"

"Well...yeah. At least I thought we had. We practically kissed and stared into each other's eyes for a good minute. It was amazing! But then when I asked if she liked anyone, she said no and speeded away!" Pinkie said as she slumped down in her seat.

"Sounds to me like she's interested." Applejack said.

"Really? You're sure?"

"I mean, it's pretty likely. We all know Twilight pretty well. If she got freaked out like that, it's probably because it's true." Fluttershy said, as her head delicately rested on Rarity's shoulder. Pinkie picked up on this and was a bit confused. AJ and RD gave each other a giggling look.

"Alright, you two. You've been together for what, a day? Save the affection." AJ said, playfully to the yellow pegasus and white unicorn. Both girls jumped at her words.

"Oh gosh, were we that obvious?" Fluttershy said, blushing a bit as she lifted her head up back to normal.

"She's just joking around darling. You know how much those two love to tease." Rarity said as she put her hoof on Fluttershy's shoulder.

"Wait...You two are...together???" Pinkie said, surprised. Rarity and Fluttershy looked at each other before looking back at their friends. Rarity then spoke.

"Well...yes! We kind of just happened. Applejack and Rainbow were there when we confessed our feelings, which is why they know. I thought we were being quiet, but Rainbow loves to eavesdrop." She said, giving Rainbow a look, pretending to be mad.

"Hey! It's not my fault you did it in public! And you never would've known we heard if AJ hadn't told you." Rainbow said, now looking at Applejack.

"Oh come on, it's fine. We were gonna find out sooner or later. Has anypony told Twilight yet?" Applejack said, as she put her hooves behind her head and closed her eyes to enjoy the relaxing steam.

"Not yet. But we need to tell her soon. I don't want her to think we were avoiding telling her or something. But anyway, who knows Pinkie! Maybe if you and Twilight get together we can all have a triple date some time!"

Pinkie smiled at the idea. She loved the thought of taking Twilight out on a real date. There's so many places they could go together. They could have dinner at Twilight's, go to a fair, go on a hot air balloon ride, the possibilities were endless! She tried to think of which idea Twilight would like best. She imagined her and Twilight gazing at the stars in each other's arms. She kept the comforting vision in her head until she was interrupted by the sound of Rainbow's voice.

"Hello? Pinkie? You there? Rarity said it's time to go get our massages done."

Pinkie snapped out of her thoughts. "Yeah, sorry. Let's go!"

Pinkie walked out of the steam room with her friends feeling hopeful. Her next baking session with Twilight was tomorrow, and she was so excited for all the fun that had in store.