Chapter 7

Twilight hyperventilated worse than she ever had as she flew in full speed to the castle.

"I can't believe she asked me that! Is it really that noticeable? What am I gonna do?!? She probably hates me now! What if we can't be friends anymore? What if-"

Twilight was cut off as she crashed into the castle face first and slid down into the grass. She hadn't been paying attention and couldn't even fly straight. When Twilight looked up, she noticed the castle door opened with Trixie and Starlight standing in the doorway. Twilight weakly got up to try and act like she hadn't just fallen at her own fault.

"Twilight? Did you just...crash into the castle?" Starlight said, in confusion.

"Maybe? I don't know. Pinkie has my brain completely confused after what she just said to me."

Starlight smiled. "Ohhh I know what this is about! Trixie can you uh, give us a minute?"

Trixie rolled her eyes. "I guess. But hurry up! Our lunch reservations are gonna expire!"

Twilight and Starlight went inside the castle to talk.

"Pinkie asked if I like anyone." Twilight blurted out without hesitation, still in a panic.

Starlight giggled. "Really?!? Wow! She's hinting she likes you ALREADY? Somepony has a major crush..."

When Starlight stopped giggling, she noticed Twilight was still panicked. "Wait...do you not like her back?"

Twilight looked down at the floor, not wanting to say the truth out loud.

"Ohhh I see. You DO like her, but her asking that completely freaked you out because you're scared it might be obvious to her."

Twilight gulped. "Well yes, exactly that. What should i do?"

"Well, the only logical answer is to tell her you like her. I mean, she's never gonna fully figure it out if you never say anything."

"What??? No! She can't find out! It'll ruin our friendship! She'll hate me! My parents will hate me!"

"What do your parents have to do with this?"

Twilight tried to change the subject.

"Well anyway, if she knows it's true that I like her it'll make everything weird."

"I don't think so, Twi. I'm pretty sure she likes you back. But fine. If you just wanna let it play out on its own that's fine. Just give it some time, ok?" Starlight said as she put a kind hoof on Twilight's tense shoulder, helping her take a deep breath and be able to calm down a bit.

"I gotta go, but I'm glad you finally admitted how you feel about Pinkie to me. It'll all work out eventually."

As Starlight went to leave the castle, Twilight felt the urge to ask her one more question.

"Hey Starlight?"

Starlight turned around.

"One more thing. How long did you know I liked her?"

Starlight smiled. "I started speculating ever since you started those Sunday baking sessions together. The two of you just seemed exclusively closer with each other than some of the others are."

Twilight smiled at that comment. She was always a bit closer with Pinkie than her other friends. And who knows, maybe Starlight was right. Maybe Pinkie did like her back. But she'd have to let that play itself out. If she was ever gonna confess her feelings, it had to be when she felt ready. Then would come a major issue- her parents.

Twilight went back to the library to finish her work and tried to push through, but her mind was so clouded. She couldn't stop thinking about Pinkie.

Twilight tried to think of something she could do to get these feelings out of her head. Then it hit her- she could send a message to Sunset! Before Sunset and the other Twilight started dating, Sunset was always asking Twilight for advice on this kind of stuff. Twilight wasn't exactly any love expert, but she seemed to be pretty good at it for some reason. After the battle of the bands, the Princess and Sunset had a little thing for each other. It was Twilight's first-ever feelings for a girl, and even though it was pretty scary for her, Sunset was very straight forward and made it clear she had feelings for her first. They decided it was best to split since they were literally worlds away, but Twilight tried to think of it as a phase in her life that she should never speak of, and should be forgotten, mainly because she was trying hard to convince herself she was straight, and out of fear of her parents. But Sunset had a girlfriend now, so she felt ok asking her old crush for some advice.

Dear Sunset,

Hope everything is going well over there! How are Twilight and the others? That'll never not feel weird to say. Anyway, I was wondering if I could have your help with something. I sorta realized I really like Pinkie. But I'm just so lost on what to do next. I can't get my mind off of her, and not knowing if she feels the same is driving me crazy. Starlight gave me reassurance that she most likely does, but I'm still kinda nervous about the whole thing. And from what I told you, I don't even wanna know what reaction I'd get from my parents. They'd be so disappointed. I know you can't really exactly help with that part, but some help with the rest would make me feel so much better. Say hi to the girls for me, and update me on how your relationship is going!

Your friend,

Princess Twilight Sparkle

Twilight took a deep breath as she closed the book, feeling a bit more at ease after looking to her friend for help. She managed to finish the work she needed done on time and was just about to settle in for bed when the book started to glow. Anxiously awaiting Sunset's response, Twilight impatiently opened the book and read each word as they appeared on the magical paper.