Ignoring

Claire's pov

Ignoring the warning sign of being called Francesca, I told my uncle my true purpose for disturbing his game.

"Whatever, Uncle EJ. Sofia said I could skip my Italian lesson today to go swimming at Samantha's house. She's having a pool party so you have to tell the driver to take me there."

"Mi scusi (Excuse me)! I don't apprec..."

"You're excused," I said, interrupting. "So can you call the driver now? Oh, and I almost forgot I need money too for snacks."

"Didn't know a little girl was next in line to take the Dimerra throne. Pretty soon she'll be in charge and you'll be taking orders from her, EJ," The guy to my uncle's left said, laughing as he slapped him on the back. "Quando sei diventata una piccola stronza (When did you become a little bitch)?"

I failed to notice my uncle's nostrils flare as his patience waned.

"You are not skipping your Italian lesson and you're not going to any pool party," he stated firmly.

"Uh, yeah, I am going. Sofia already said I could." I may have said that with a teeny smidgen of attitude. Just a smidgen though.

"Yeah, Ricky's right. What did you do to piss off the old man so bad you got demoted to benchwarmer?" his friend chuckled and snorted.

"Money please." I held my hand out, motioning impatiently.

Before uncle EJ could respond, Sofia popped her head in.

"Ciao a tutti. Hello everyone." She smiled giving a small wave. "Claire, stavo pensando che non hai bisogno che l'autista ti accompagni. Claire, I was thinking you don't need the driver to take you. Ti lascerò da Samantha mentre torno a casa. I'll just drop you off at Samantha's on my way home."

"Okay, let's go then," I said, heading towards the door.

"Sofia, did you tell Francesca she could skip her Italian lesson to go to a pool party?" My uncle asked, gently holding her arm to keep her from leaving.

"Sì. Qual è il problema? Yes. What's the problem?" she replied curtly, sounding annoyed.

"Never thought I'd see the day one of Stefano's boys would be kowtowing to women and children," the man with the scar on his cheek scoffed at my uncle. "Piegati e prendilo, bambino (Bend over and take it, baby boy)."

Unfortunately, I was so amused by everyone poking fun at my uncle, I failed to notice the death glare directed at me and Sofia, emanating from his cold black orbs.

Rising to his feet in a flash, my uncle tightened his grip on Sofia's arm as he angrily hissed in her ear, "Vai nella mia stanza adesso (Go to my room immediately). Sarò presto lì per prendermi cura di te (I will be up shortly to handle you)."

Recognizing his tone, Sofia wisely replied, "Si signore. Yes sir," before rushing past me, out of the room.

Turning his full attention to me, he roughly grabbed me by the upper arm and growled, "Get your ass in the study this instant, Francesca, and wait for me to give you the thrashing you so deserve!" Pulling me against his hip, he slapped my bottom hard. The loud echo of the smack reverberating off the walls and ceiling, totally embarrassing me as I stifled a yelp. "GO!" he yelled, smacking my backside harshly again as he released my arm and pointed to the door.

EJ's pov

"Settle your bets then show yourselves out, gentlemen. I have business to attend to." I left quickly to go upstairs to deal with Sofia first.

As soon as I entered my room, I put the hammer down, "Come osi entrare in casa mia e mancarmi di rispetto (How dare you enter my house and disrespect me)." I won't tolerate that from anyone, least of all the whore sharing my bed.