Daydreaming

Claire's pov

When my uncle left, I reluctantly started on the writing assignment he gave me. Sighing heavily, I began making my first copy of all his bogus rules and punishments related to my online schooling. I guess I shouldn't complain too much though. I mean my uncle did save me from getting a strapping from Grandfather. God knows I don't ever want to be on the receiving end of that heinous form of torture again.

Since Uncle EJ confiscated my phone and I'm grounded, I don't really have much else to do. I can't get online except for school and then I have to be supervised by an adult. I can't watch tv. I can't listen to music. I can't even go outside. I have to spend the rest of the day in my room when I'm done with this so I might as well take my time.

I spent the next two hours in my grandfather's study daydreaming and copying my uncle's rules for my schooling. I'm still annoyed I can't go back home to California and attend my regular school.

Although, if I was in California, I wouldn't get to see Dante. That would really suck. I think we should get married on the beach at sunset and then have a big fancy reception at like a palace or a castle on a cliff overlooking the ocean. I wonder what our kids will look like. I think we should have two girls and two boys. The boys should come first so they can be protective, but not annoying big brothers to their little sisters. I hope all the kids have Dante's smile and his beautiful eyes. We'll live in a cute cottage on a hillside and have horses and sheep and dogs and cats running around our huge fenced in property. I'll stay home and take care of the kids, in addition to working occasionally with my father and uncle to help with the family business. Dante will be a super successful...

KNOCK KNOCK

Alfred entered Grandfather's study, interrupting my amazing daydream.

"Sorry to interrupt, Miss, but Master EJ requested I bring you a snack since you'll be dining in your room tonight and retiring early."

"Thank you, Al... Lorenzo," I said, correcting myself, as he set the tray of bread, cheese, and salami down on Grandfather's desk along with a glass of lemonade.

"Is there anything else I shall get you, Miss?" he inquired politely. When I shook my head no, he quietly excused himself, leaving me alone to finish playing out my fantasy in my head. No wait, I mean to finish my writing assignment of course because that's why I'm in here afterall. Yeah, that's it.

The next morning

My uncle very rudely and crudely woke me up for school by yanking the covers off my bed and slapping my thigh repeatedly as he shouted, "GET UP, BRAT, IT'S WAKEY WAKEY TIME!"

"I'm up, I'm up," I whined, shoving his punishing hands off my leg as I turned away from him, stupidly giving him access to my vulnerable backside.

Capitalizing on the opportunity, my uncle spanked my ass hard.

"Get up now, twerp, or I'll yank you over my lap to finish the job."

Not wanting to get my butt blistered this early in the morning, I shot out of bed repeating, "I'm up, I'm up, for real this time. Please don't spank me." I covered my bottom protectively with my hands as I backed into my bathroom, keeping my eyes on my overzealous slap happy uncle the entire time.

"Be dressed and downstairs in the living room ready to log onto your first class in ten minutes!" he barked. When I didn't respond, he stood directly in front of the partially opened bathroom door and questioned, "Francesca?"

Ignoring the warning sign of being referenced by my middle name, I snapped, "WHAT?" rather snottily in reply. I'm not a morning person.

"Ti ho dato un ordine e mi aspetto un rispettoso riconoscimento in risposta (I gave you an order and I expect a respectful acknowledgement in response)."