Stay away from the door

Zes Pov

        As I sit on the couch in our loft, watching the science channel, when I hear a knock at the door.

I haven't been able to answer the door since the incident with my father.

Anthony had gone to the store because we had run out of milk, but Anthony would never knock on the door. He has a key.

Chilleds Pov

        I'm standing in the check-out line when I hear my phone buzz in my pocket. I take out my phone to see I got a text from Steven.

Steven - Come home quick. Someones at the door.

My eyes widen. Did they find us? I quickly text back.

Chilly- Stay away from the door. I'll be home soon.

Steven -  Um ok

I quickly check out and run to the car.

Zes Pov

        I run back into our bedroom and hide under the bed. (witch worked so well the first time) I just need to wait till Anthony gets back.

Chilleds Pov

        I pull into the parking lot of the apartment complex and park. I jump out of the car leaving the milk in the trunk and start running up the stairs. I didn't take the elevator, it would take to long. Why do we have to live on the 12 floor.

I finally make it up to the 12 floor, I run down to 12C. I stop, who is that?

Standing outside our door is a short, brunet woman.

She knocks another time before I say something.

"Um, excuse me?" I say Stepping alittle closer.

"Oh" She says jumping alittle. "You scared me" she says laughing alittle.

"Do you need something?" I ask

"Oh, do you live here?" she asks pointing at the door.

"Yes...." I say trailing off.

"I must have the wrong apartment then. Do you know where Steven Viking lives?" She asks stepping away from the door.

I feel my heart skip a beat. Why did she want to see Steven? He's never mentioned her before.

"Y-yes, why do you want to see him?" I ask realizing how nosy I sound.

"I'm his mother." She says standing up alittle straighter.

"I- I, um. I'll go call him. Stay right here." I say unlocking the door and closing it behind me.

"Steven?" I say running into the loft.

"In here!" I hear Steven yell from the bedroom.

I run over to see him crawling out from under the bed.

"Who was It?" He asks wiping dust off his pants.

"I, Um, I don't know how to tell you...." I say trailing off.

"What?! Why?! Who is it!?" Steven asks almost yelling.

"Sh- she says shes your mother..." I say worried at what his reaction might be.

"Wha?" He whispers before he runs up to me and hugs me.

Zes Pov

        "wha?" I whisper to myself before running over and hugging Anthony. My mind raceing.

Why would she come back after all these years? How did she find me? Did she tell dad where I am? Why did she abandon me in the first place? Why does she wont to talk to me?

My thoughts are interrupted my Anthony.

"Do you want he to let her in?" He asks kissing my forehead.

"Yea..." I say slowly letting him go, not so sure that I do.

We walk over to the door and Anthony opens it revealing the woman standing on the other side.

Mom?