Haunting past

Chilleds Pov

        Steven gets a look of surprise and horror, as he looks at his 'Mother.' Then He runs behind me, hiding. I look back to see him looking up at me scared.

"Was that Steven?!" She asks sounding surprised. "He's changed so much!"

"I, um" I say not knowing what to do.

Steven never told me what happened with his mom. All I knew was that she had left him with his father when he was about 2. 

"Steveie?" She says trying to look behind me to see Steven. "Can we talk?"

I turn around and look at him. He looks unsure.

"You don't have to if you don't want too." I whisper to him not wanting her to hear.

"You need to know what happened." He says before taking a deep breath and stepping out from behind me. He holds out his arm signaling her to sit on the chair next to the couch.

His boost of confidence doesn't last long. He jumps behind me again as we sit on the couch.

"W-What is there to t-t-talk about." He stutters out trying to sound confident.

"I came here to apologize." She starts to say. "Steven I was an alcoholic. Me and my father both thought that it would be best if I wasn't in the picture...... So I left." She says trying to sound sorry.

I felt angry and confused. I couldn't figure out if she was sorry or not. Did she even know what happened once she left? Was her leaving part of the reason Steven was beat?

I guess Steven could tell I was pissed, because he set is hand on my shoulder, bringing me back to reality.

Zes Pov

        As she explains Anthony tenses up in anger. I set my hand on his shoulder to try to calm him, but I begin to cry.

Not knowing what to do I berry my head into Anthonys shoulder, and continue to cry.

"Steveie?" I can hear her say though my crying.

I feel Anthony begin to tense up again. I don't even try to stop it this time. I know what was going to happen.

"Do you even know what happened after you left?" Anthony asks sternly.

"No?" She replies confused.

I jump out if front of Anthony, shaking my head not wanting him to get too angry.

"What happened?" She asks confused. 

I turn to her then back to Anthony. My eyes begin to feel with tears as memories from my past begin to run though my head. I keep looking back and forth between her and Anthony.

I guess Anthony could tell I wasn't doing good. He's looking at me worriedly.

I can't take it anymore, I run back into the bathroom. Anthony try's to run after me but I lock the door.

This is to much to take in. I sit in the bath tub and cry. I thought I had left my past behind me, but now it's coming back to haunt me.

Chilleds pov 

        Ze locked the door, I can hear him crying.

"Steven?" I say pressing my forehead up against the door.

"Just t-tell her!" He almost yells though his crys.

"Alright...." I say before walking back to the living room.

"Do you want to know what happened?" I ask giving her one last chance to say no.

"Please." She responds.

I go on to tell her everything. I start from the very beginning, when she left. Then to the very end, when Steven and I move here.

As I go on with the story while keeping my own anger at bay, she begins to tear up.

I finish telling her and all I feel is pure anger.

"Please leave." I say fearing i might do or say something I'd regret.

"A-a-a-alright" she says sniffling alittle before walking out the door.

I let out a sigh before returning to the bathroom door.

"Steven?" I say listening for an answer that never came.

He must have cryed himself to sleep. He hasn't done that in a long time.

I go into the kitchen and get the bathroom key out of the drawer. I unlock the door to see Steven asleep in the bath tub.

I slowly pick him up not wanting to wake him. I carry him to the bedroom and lay him down carefully on the bed. then climb in on the other side.

Good night.