ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

Hello my beautiful souls!

I'm baaaaack.
You missed me?

Well, first of all I want to thank my great great friend @/micaelablopez  (On Instagram) who made this beautiful cover the way I asked her to. She's a queen, so you can go and follow her acc.

Second! This story is going to have a bit more of comedy and it's really fun to write, of course it'll have cute and fluff moments, but this will be completely different to the endless sweetness of TSOTS.

THIRD.
Since I finished writing RAD I've been wanting to write a fic where Louis and Mitch became friends.
So, I did it. 💁🏼‍♀️ BECAUSE I CAN.

And because it's something I would die to see in real life.

This fic will have a lot of Mouis friendship. And I'm loving it.

Fourth! I made the trailer for this fic and it's published on my TikTok account @/maguiodrisi you can go and give love to it.

Thank you guys for being here and reading this :)
Love you all.

Mag 🦋

Prologue.
[ Louis' POV. ]

Just like every other day I walked in my book store, ready to face another day selling books to practically nobody.

Most people don't read books anymore, and call me old fashioned, but I didn't want that to happen. I didn't want books to be forgotten.

So, when someone actually entered my shop I always tried to be the kindest person, to recommend my favorites and to promote people to keep reading.

Because reading was one of the healthiest things in the world, apart from music.
Good music, not that commercial crap nowadays.

But good music and books were slowly disappearing, and I made it my personal mission to don't let them die.

With that in mind, like every other day, I prepared myself some tea, I put some of my favorite rock songs in the speakers of the store and sat down behind my desk, contemplating my old, vintage book store.

That's how I spent the first hour of the morning, enjoying the music and the tea. Then, I moved to reorganize some shelves at the entrance, trying to make it look more appealing.
Half an hour later, my distributor came with three boxes of new books I had ordered last week.
I smiled to myself and placed them under my desk. I wanted to check them myself before putting them on the shelves, I always did it, just reading a few pages of them.

I wasn't going to sell something I didn't believe in.

I returned to my previous seat behind the desk and took the first one at the top of the box because the cover caught my attention.
It was a tough material, the color was a dark green with gold details, and the title was simple but elegant: Switched.

The words inside it immediately trapped me, making me read more and more, almost making me lose track of time.
I was in like the tenth chapter when the bell at the door made me raise my head to see the first customer of the day entering.

Two guys actually, one of them very tall and with curly hair, dressed quite extravagant for being only two in the afternoon, and the other one had straight and quite long hair tied on a tail, and more comfy clothes.

The curly one looked outside the window as if he was checking something, he seemed quite tense.

"Can I help you with something?" - I asked as nicely as I could.

"Mitch, tell the guy I want a book."  - The curly haired one said as he continued looking out of the window but this time squatted down and hid behind one of the shelves.

I rolled my eyes as the long haired one walked towards me.

"Hello, my friend wants a book."

"Good thing I sell books then." - I smiled. - "But I need to know what kind of book he wants."

"Harry, he asks what kind of book you want." - The guy said, turning to face his friend.

"I need to be entertained. So a good one." - The "Harry" one now said, still squatted by the window, spying to the outside and not looking at us.

The long haired one turned to me again with an unexpressive gesture on his face and then sighed.

"He said he wants a good one."

"Yeah, I heard him. Why can't the guy just talk to me? I'm not liking this whole messaging pigeon thing. I want to actually help him pick his book."

"Did you just call me 'the guy'?" - The curly one said, finally turning to me.

"Yeah, mmm… sorry?" - I said worriedly, not sure where my mistake was. - "Do you identify yourself as a woman? Should I say 'the lady'? I didn't know..."

"No, it's just… you don't know who I am." - He replied.

"You don't know who I am either, that doesn't mean you can't talk to me." - I said.

"He really doesn't know you, H." - The "Mitch" one said.

"Should I?" - I asked. - "Are you guys from the neighborhood?"

The curly one furrowed his eyebrows and laughed incredulously. Then, he walked to my desk.

"Okay, I want some books to read in my free time. Good authors, and high reviews." - He said sharply and slightly annoyed.

I still didn't know what I'd done to make the guy treat me like that, but whatever.

"Did I do something to upset you?" - I asked.

"What?" - He frowned. - "No."

"Oh, okay." - I smiled. - "Did you see anything in the store that would be of your liking?"

"I already have most of them. I want something better, something new, something captivating." - He said.

"I have some books that arrived today, would you like to take a look?"

The curly guy shrugged.

"Yeah, okay."

I took the box from under my desk and opened it for him.

He started taking them out one by one, putting some aside and grabbing some others in his free hand, separating them from the rest.

"I'll take these three." - He said, placing three books in front of me.

I read the titles: "Glory", "Truth hurts" and "Switched."

"That would be 42£." - I smiled.

The guy handed me his credit card and I took a look at his full name, Harry Styles.
Well, that's posh.

I passed it on the register and then I handed it back to him.

"Hope you enjoy your books." - I smiled.

"Thanks." - He said, still looking confusedly at me.

The friend pulled him out of the store and they got inside a very large black car parked at the front, leaving me all alone again.

I sighed to myself.

What a weird pair of people.