ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣

Chapter Four.
[ Louis' POV. ]

"Okay, remember to smile and play with the public. Interact with them. You already learned the twenty songs of the show, you got this, Louis. I even got to take a few songs off the track list and I'll do a guitar solo instead. I also asked Sarah to do a drum solo for the amount of time we took from the show by taking down Sign of the times and Fine Line. People are going to be pissed about that, but I just couldn't do that to you after what happened today, they are vocally difficult and they last like six minutes long. It was going to be impossible." - Mitch said. - "You're going to have some indications in your ear, I asked Nancy to announce the songs as they go and to tell you the lyrics through the earbud, but you can always point the microphone to the public if you forget the melody or anything, they are going to continue the lyrics even if you're not singing, okay? And of course If you need support or anything just come walking to me and we can interact or something during the songs." - He took my shoulders and forced me to look at him. - "Those people paid a lot of money for a show. We are going to give them a show. You are going to give them a show. I know you can, just relax and be funny. You're funny Louis, use that. Yeah?"

"Yes."

"Are you ready?"

"I should get paid for this." - I sighed, looking down at myself, the blue floral suit already making me sweat.

"If you do this right, I might convince Harry to give you some percentage." - He smirked. - "C'mon."

I walked out to the black and imponent stage in front of me, I took my place behind the microphone in the middle of it and I heard thousands of people scream even if the lights were still off.

I swallowed and tried to not be scared.
If I ruined it, at least people wouldn't recognize me. They are not going to blame me.
Nobody knows who I really am.

I'm safe behind Harry's skin.

The lights and screens around the stadium turned on and the first chords of Watermelon Sugar started.

Ok, I've learnt this one today.
It's not that hard.

The people below me were screaming the lyrics and that way, having that feedback from the public, it actually wasn't as difficult.

At least they knew the lyrics better than I did.

But it was scary.
I could feel all my body tense as I sang that first song. I completely forgot about smiling or interacting, I just couldn't.

There were just too many people.

I could only focus on singing.
I closed my eyes and tried to continue the song.

C'mon Louis don't freeze.
It's only an hour and a half, more or less.

You can make it out alive.

I turned to look at my left, finding Mitch's gaze on me. He gave me a tiny nod, motioning me to continue singing.

The song ended and I felt like it was quite decent actually. Not too bad.

Then, I heard Nancy's voice in my ear telling me that Golden was next.

Which one was Golden? For fucks sake.

Forget what I said, I'm not going to make it.

📖✨

The show continued for a while, just me trying to not fall behind while remembering the lyrics, trying to add some smiles from time to time, and not fail in the notes and tempo of the song in the process.