Acceptable or Not Acceptable

The maids were fixing the emperor's robe, when Eunuch Jung relays the news to him that Royal Physician Han has come to meet him to talk about Concubine Seo's sickness.

"Tell him to come in," Sinjong says while checking himself in the mirror.

The royal physician enters and bows to show respect. Eunuch Jung signals him to start his speech.

"Can I talk in a bit of privacy, Your Imperial Majesty?" Physician Han asks in a humble voice.

Sinjong signals the maids and eunuchs to leave and turns towards Physician Shin Bee .

"Start now."

"Your Imperial Majesty, last night I was confused about the diagnosis after checking Concubine Seo. So, I was waiting upto this morning to observe her. I have checked her again. She is in the third to fourth week of her pregnancy."

Sinjong remains expressionless hearing the news. He pours wine in his glass to make himself calm. So, was Yun Hee in a physical relationship with someone else other than him? How can Yun Hee be pregnant while she was always on birth control?

"What's your explanation about this? She was always on birth control. The baby isn't mine, right?" Sinjong asks in a cold voice while sipping the wine.

"Our birth control preparation is mainly based on herbs. Concubine Seo has a severe allergic tendency to herbs. We couldn't get any appropriate effective herbs suitable for her. She was on birth control made of persimmon pedicles. It isn't effective for everyone. We were searching for an effective one, but meanwhile, she already had a physical relationship with you, Your Imperial Majesty. During that time I wasn't in the palace. My fellow physician counted on their luck that it would work for her. But maybe it won't be, she is someone from a coastal area. Seaweed is one of the neutralising agents for toxicity resulting from such birth control preparation. I think the neutralising agent of this birth control is in her blood. My fellow physician couldn't make a suitable decision for her. There's a greater possibility that Concubine Seo is carrying your baby, Your Imperial Majesty. The Royal physician academy will take responsibility to punish those physicians. Your Imperial Majesty, please don't turn your back to our academy because of some particular person's fault."

"Okay, leave now. But be ready, I will call you at any time to see you in front of me without any delay."

As the royal physician takes leave, Eunuch Jung enters to serve the emperor again.

"Eunuch Jung! Call the guards who were in charge of keeping an eye over the Chinese emperor and also all the spies from the concubines' palace. And cancel the morning assembly saying I am not feeling well to attend," he says while loosening the robe from his body.

__________________

Concubine Seo is now sitting on the floor of her room hugging her knees. She is utterly afraid, the door of her room is locked from outside. She has several times requested others to unlock the door, but no one is responding.

Suddenly the door of her room opens, revealing Consort Kim and Concubine Park behind. Concubine Seo isn't feeling so well about this sudden entry. She remains seated on the floor.

"Our Concubine Seo was enjoying her palace life until getting caught for infidelity. So who is the palace guard with whom you slept?" Consort Kim asks with hatred in her eyes towards Yun Hee.

"What do you want me to say?" Concubine Seo looks at the consort through the corner of her eyes. She knows that Consort Kim will never say anything fair to her.

"Which one is that precious palace guard who helped our innocent Concubine Seo to get rid of her horny demands. His cum shot helped you a lot to calm down."