Fear of Secret

Two months have passed.

Concubine Seo has isolated herself in the West Wing. Yes, she has shifted herself from the east wing to her previous old wing.

A rumor suddenly arose in the concubines' palace that Concubine Seo was given a higher rank and the east wing as a residence because of her pregnancy and preparation before announcing the pregnancy news. But this didn't happen. So will she still deserve the rank and the east wing?

Concubine Seo didn't want any complications to arise from it. On one morning she just shifted herself to her old residence and returned the royal silk ribbon that they told her to wear as a tie with rob as a higher rank.

Sinjong after that night didn't come to her anymore. Concubine Seo thinks Sinjong won't come to her anymore. Maybe he has reached the level of frigidity for Concubine Seo. She can't give him pleasure anymore compared to those women in the harem. That's normal, she thinks as she is not an expert like other concubines or anyone of the harem. Why will Sinjong come to someone useless like her?

Sometimes Wei Ling comes here to talk with her. Concubine Seo doesn't know whether she likes Wei Ling or not. She likes Wei Ling because of her straightforward speech, but at the same time, she felt a bit uncomfortable as she can understand Wei Ling also has an aim of spying over to know whether Yun Hee has any secret relationship with Prince Young or not. 

Concubine Seo tries to avoid Prince Yeong too nowadays. She has rejected politely with the excuse of sickness to get taught with him anymore. Wei Ling also requested her not to accept this proposal. Yun Hee smiled and replied she had rejected twice before Wei Ling requested after their marriage.

Concubine Seo just wants to be alone. Just alone in this wing.

And how is her friendship with Concubine Park?

(Flashback starts.)

It was a rainy day. In the severity of rain, the evening became so dark. Concubine Seo was still in the east wing. For a few days, she tried to convert her mind and took care of a stray baby horse in the stable that had bad health. She found it injured when she went to worship at the dragon goddess temple of the mountain after she recovered.

The baby horse was injured and bleeding from its legs and mouth. Maybe it was once owned by a farmer or rogues and couldn't cope with the excessive workload that its owner expected despite the cruel beating. They left it to die in the middle of the forest. Concubine Seo took the baby horse with her while returning to the palace. 

She is taking care of it in the stable; surprisingly, the baby horse has come back from the door of death. Nowadays, Concubine Seo is used to talking with no one but with these speechless animals of this stable and stray cats which used to come only when she sits on the terrace with a bowl of milk. She pats on their soft body, taking them in her lap, and talks about her past. Her present has stopped in an infinite cycle and there's no future ahead.

Concubine Seo entered the stable in the evening as all day she was waiting to stop the rain, but it seems like it won't today. This stable is not as furnished as the royal stable. It's a bit abandoned. Concubines are not really in need of a stable, as they are usually not interested in horses as pets. Only concubines' pet horses can stay here. It's almost empty with just a few horses for emergency use and few stray cats living here as their own home.

Concubine Seo wasn't having a pleasant feeling as the stable was seeming scarier and abandoned today. Sometimes the baby horse's frightened voice could be heard when it was lightning followed by thunder. She patted on the back of the baby horse to make it comfortable.

"It's okay, child. Nothing to fear. I am here for you," Concubine Seo said in a soft voice to the baby horse.

But besides the raining sounds, something like a wooden sound and a bit of a different type of sound could be heard. What was it?

Concubine Seo stepped towards the sound. It's like the source was from the emergency meeting room of this stable. The sound was a bit different.

Like a bit moaning?.... Stray cat?... Or something new?... Otter?..... And the wooden sound? Was the animal or were the animals jumping or crawling?

Concubine Seo stood in front of the door. The door was closed from inside. Still, her curious mind made her push the door but harder.

The old vulnerable wooden made lock of the gate couldn't bear even such a mild push.

Concubine Seo was not prepared to see that.

Although the room was lacking light, Concubine Seo could understand that two humans with loose robes were having some intimacy on the large table of the meeting room. And the weird moaning sound was from them which stopped after the door got opened along with a wooden sound.

Right then the lightning from outside suddenly made everything like daylight clear. Concubine Seo couldn't believe her eyes just met with someone familiar. 

Concubine Park Seung Deok!  In the embrace of an unfamiliar tanned tall male.

Concubine Seo started running away even before she could understand anything. Even someone chased her from behind, but it stopped suddenly. She didn't know why it stopped.

Seung Deok met her that night. Both of them didn't know how to start. Yun Hee was waiting to hear an explanation while looking at Seung Deok.

"Don't you dare to say anything to anyone, Yun Hee" She said in a cold voice.

"You told me the palace isn't a safe place. You should be careful," Yun Hee just remained calm.

"Who goes on such rainy days in that abandoned stable? Did you follow me?" Seung Deok became angry.

"Why do you think I was following you? I have my pets there. Ask the maids that I go there every afternoon nowadays."

"Don't you dare to tell anyone about us, if the news gets leaked I swear I will let myself down with you. You don't have any idea who he is. He can destroy anything overnight. Even your province, Yun Hee," Seung Deok threatened.

"Why do you think I will tell others? I didn't ask you who he is," Yun Hee couldn't believe Seung Deok just had threatened her.

"Because it's the way the palace works. Removing me from your way will make the future brighter for you. I am not thinking about myself. I just accepted my fate when my family forced me into this marriage to be a concubine to secure the bloodline for my household. I never wanted it. I buried my love for it. I can accept anything bad for me. But I can't let him be executed for this. He has no fault in this. It all happened because of me. I can't tolerate anything bad happening to him," Seung Deok broke into tears and sat on the floor.

"Trust me, I will never say anything about you two," Yun Hee touched Seung Deok's hands.

For the first time, Concubine Seo felt so relieved that she has someone like a close friend in this palace.

"He is the Chief General's son. Future General of Goryeo, General Lee. If I weren't a concubine, maybe I could have been his bride. He says he won't marry anyone except me. We still love each other. He has no fault. I forced him today to meet me. My family forced me into this marriage. I never wanted to be a concubine," Seung Deok hugged her and revealed a secret being so emotional.

"Don't be afraid. Your secret will remain safe with me. You can trust me. I have no interest in ruining others except those who killed my baby," Yun Hee tried to assure Seung Deok.

But Yun Hee didn't know it was enough for Seung Deok to be afraid. Since then she tries to avoid Yun Hee as much as possible. Concubine Park is afraid of much interaction with  Concubine Seo.

(Flashback ends.)