Welcoming A Royal

Emperor Sinjong enters into the East Wing of the concubines' palace, two rows of maids standing in the corridor bow towards him. He hurriedly rushes towards the room which is fixed for concubines to give birth to the Emperor's children.

"How is Concubine Seo now?" He asks one of the specialized nurses entering the room. But he doesn't wait for a reply as Concubine Seo tries to sit down noticing his voice.

"Your Imperial Majesty, Ah!" She tries to sit down, but a sharp pain attacks her lower abdomen.

"Yun, I am here. Is it hurting so much?" He holds Concubine Seo's hand who is lying on the bed specially made for mothers in labor. He cups her face with one hand and his thumb caresses to wipe tear stains from her face. Concubine Seo shakes her head in response.

"A bit... But sometimes it becomes too much. Your Imperial Majesty, I am so afraid. Our baby will be okay, right?," Her voice trembles and her eyes become watery.

"Your Imperial Majesty, the news was sent to the Royal Physician as soon as Her Highness's water broke. Royal Nurse Choi is specialized in delivering babies," a maid says in a timid voice to the anxious Emperor.

Within a few moments, Royal Nurse Choi reaches and checks Concubine Seo. A group of trained nurses follows her inside the room.

Meanwhile, Queen Mother Gongwon has also arrived in the East Wing of the concubines' palace, and now she is waiting in the hall room to receive news of Concubine Seo's present condition.

"Since Her Highness's water has broken, she will give birth sooner or later. My trained nurses and I will take care of Her Highness from now on. Stay alert for my next order of what to do," Royal Nurse Choi says to the maids present in the room.

"Royal Physician Han said that everything is okay and she will give birth at least after one month. Then why so early?" Emperor says with an anxious voice.

Concubine Seo is currently eight months pregnant. She was not having any major complaints throughout her pregnancy until now. The baby was growing so well inside her tummy as her baby bump grew. The baby always moves so much and gives her hard days by constantly kicking. Everyone is wishing for a healthy and strong Dragon Prince.

"It can happen sometimes, Your Imperial Majesty. The baby is healthy enough. Your Highness, can you still feel the movement of the baby?" Nurse Choi asks Concubine Seo politely.

Concubine Seo nods.

"The pain is becoming intolerable." She was about to say something else, but another sharp pain attacked her lower abdomen.

Nurse Choi takes the charge of the delivery and Concubine Seo's labor journey starts while the whole palace is waiting for the birth of a Dragon Prince in the Goryeo royal family.

____________________.

After suffering from excruciating labor pain for 1 day, the baby comes to the world while screaming at the top of its lungs to complain against the bright lights of the earth.

"It's a Dragon Prince," excited and happy voices could be heard from inside.

After a few moments a nurse comes outside holding the newborn in her arms. Queen Mother hurriedly takes the baby from her arm. The Emperor stayed in the concubines' palace last night expecting the birth of the royal baby.

The maids inside the delivery room become busy cleaning the blood, placenta, and fluids that have come out with the royal prince from Concubine Seo's womb. Concubine Seo drinks water taking deep breaths thinking she has gotten relief from the excruciating pain and the Goddess has gifted her a beautiful prince. Her hands touching the piece of clothes hanging from the ceiling of this room gets loosen. This piece of cloth was her support to grip stronger when she tried hard to give birth to the baby.

As Concubine Seo again feels something coming out from her womb, she grips the piece of cloth in tight grip again. She screams while trying to get rid of the feeling of her organ coming out from her.

Royal Nurse Choi hurriedly checks between Concubine Seo's legs to detect any abnormal bleeding or tearing from the earlier baby delivery. But the round thing coming from Concubine Seo's vagina makes her shout, "There's another head coming. Her Highness is going to give birth to another royal baby. Your Highness, you have to push more, don't stress yourself. Take deep breaths. Maids, we need more boiled water."

***********************