Continuity

Consort Kim loses all of her strength to scream for help anymore, as she gets stabbed by the knife by the lunatic black artist for the second time. She throws up something. At the metallic taste and scattering of bloodstains in the ground in front of her, she realizes that she has thrown up blood. So, is it her ending then?

Kim Myeon Hye closes her eyes while waiting for the next attack from the person behind her. But instead, the loud sound of something falling on the ground makes her turn back, forgetting the pain of her stabbed body.

Watching Emperor Sinjong standing behind with a sword from which blood is dripping makes her lose all of her strength. She and the babies are safe now, Emperor Sinjong has decapitated the lunatic black artist.

He hurriedly takes the injured consort in his embrace while the soldiers behind him take away the dead body of the black magic artist.

"Myeon Hye! I should have been faster after getting your information!" Sinjong says with grief in his voice. He wipes the tears falling from her eyes. The babies are still sleeping peacefully in the safe embrace of Myeon Hye.

"I always dreamt about such a day! Being in your arms and holding our babies," Consort Kim gives a sad smile in her beloved husband's embrace.

"I have brought a physician with my soldiers, just hold for a few minutes. Where is the physician? Someone escort him here!" The Emperor shouts at the soldiers.

"Will you please let me rest in your arms holding our babies, Your Imperial Majesty? I won't take a long time," She says in a tired voice, closing her eyes.

________________________

Goryeo mourned for a long time after the death of Consort Kim Myeon Hye. Concubine Seo decided not to take the title of Empress during this mourning year. The royal family decided to keep Consort Kim Myeon Hye in royal history book as a short-lived Empress for one month who sacrificed herself while trying to save the royal twins.

********************